• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sway Bar Quick Adapter??

S
Feb 19, 2008
S.E. Idaho
I have an 06 800 Summit X and was wondering if anyone knows of a quick release adapter for the sway bar so that you can disconnect the sway bar and hook it back up when you want? I've seen them for the new XPs, but was wondering if there was one available for the REV chassis. Any help would be great! Thanks!

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
I think you can just undo the bolts, and unhook it. It might be a little hard on the mountain though. You don't have to pull it all the way out if you don't want to. If you decide you like it without the sway bar, just cut it out. It will be a little squirly on the trail without it, so be careful going into the corners.

S
Feb 19, 2008
S.E. Idaho
Thinking

Since I haven't been able to find anybody and I had some free time at work last night I started thinking about some quick adapters of my own. I was thinking about removing the bolts that are in there now and replacing them with some of the pins in the picture below. Then all I have to do is pull out the pin on top and bottom and then the swaybar is disconnected. What do people think of this idea? Would these clips be able to hold up to the impact and running of trails? Anyway, give me some feedback before I screw up my sled:D THanks!

WADb-zJw-TSGaQyCCowMxQX5RSXF8Yl5KfH5pSUp-flFxQwZJSUFVvr6mbmJ6al6xRn5BVWZOTmJesn5ufpFqcWZVan2xYW2.jpg

D
Oct 13, 2008
I have an 07 xrs. I bought the quick release kit made by ski-doo and modded it. It is actually built in 3 pieces. Take it apart and cut the two ends down where the threads enter. You also have to cut down the threads so that it looks like one solid piece when you are done. Don't worry there are more than enough threads left when done. Can't remember but it takes about 5/16" off each side to get center to center correct but it is not very hard.

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
Sway bar quick disconnet

Have an XP and don't use the quick disconnects any more, you don't need the sway bar. The Ski Doos are the stiffest sleds (not sure about Polaris) out there, when my riding buddies who ride Artic Cats get on my sled with out the sway bar, they have trouble getting it over on its side. In my opinion you want it to tip or roll easier.

Give it a try, you'll get used to it.

Will

S
Feb 19, 2008
S.E. Idaho
That's a really good idea. Have you had any problems with them freezing on and not being able to get them off? Any other problems. I really liked your solution and I might have to give it a try!

S
Feb 19, 2008
S.E. Idaho
Worked Amazing!

Just letting you all know that the idea that Kelwar has on listed above works amzing. It took me about 1/2 hour to do and about $10 worth of parts from ACE and I was good to go. To disconnect it, it took me about 30 seconds, and to put it back on about 1 minute. Helped me have the best of both worlds! Thanks Kelwar for the great idea.

The hardest part for me was finding a drill bit that would drill through the bolts and also figuring out the best spot to drill the holes. Hope others take advantage of this great idea! Thanks again Kelwar!

Premium Features