• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit Lake Area

R

RMK SeVeN

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Buddy of mine made a trip up on Monday. Said he drove his pickup back to the main pad area. Said there is NO SNOW basically all the way back to the tit. Enough to get back there but that's about it. He did say though once you get behind the tit there was a good 2-1/2 - 3' of snow, enough to tool around in, nothing too serious.

R

rohdeiv

Apr 4, 2008
I'd be interested in riding this weekend. Anybody know how much they got out of this last storm system..

T
Dec 4, 2007
I was there this past friday. what rmk700 said. hardly any snow until behind the tit, then started playing in a play hole, right as we finish up there, the "new guy" drives his vector into the only visible rock there, breaking his left spindle, and taking the handle bars to the giblets. the rest of the day was wrestling that 1 ton out of the mountains. up, I'm waiting until everyone else is done breaking sleds out there.

A
Nov 8, 2010
Well few days ago we made a run to anchor town and cantwell was pretty dry, although the paper said that healy and Denali got 5-8 inches this weeknd. Hopefully summit gets some snow here soon. How much snow was there on the way to the tit? Enough to get there comfortably or where you whacking Shrubs and rocks on the way up?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I was at cantwell this past weekend. was snowing good but still not enought to ride safely, no base. Another good dump and it might be ok. Summit looked windy yesterday

J

jear bear

May 17, 2010
went to cantwell there was about 2ft the mine trail has never been better it was surprisingly alot less bumpy then normal broke trail from the river to the mine it was alot of fun better then staying home

A
Nov 8, 2010
Sorry it was based on a excites phone call I got from a buddy while reading this post haha. But the snow there should be starting to ad up at the bottm

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Got back from two days of riding at Summit. Blue Bird yesterday and a good bit of new snow. Around 18 to 24 inches to first aid and then it gets better from there. :face-icon-small-hap

A
Nov 8, 2010
Got back from riding summit Saturday and Sunday, snow was decent to first aid. Then good back to the tit. Rocks are still not completly buried in alot of areas. We saw someones being rode out with a broken arm and concusion from hitting a boulder, a buddy of mine broke a chain Case and I left with a dislocated shoulder. Weather was really nice saturday. But REALLy windy Sunday. Over all a good trip.

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Rode summit Friday and part of Saturday. Snow is very wind blown you have to look very hard to find good snow. -25 Friday and about the same Saturday. We need some snow bad. :face-icon-small-sad

R

RMK SeVeN

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Rode Summit yesterday. Was about 2F when we showed up. Parked by the cabins due to it being socked in. It broke not much longer after we showed up so we headed back for the Mountains. There was about 3-3.5' of snow in most areas (we stayed fairly low). There is no base but good fun anyway. Got back to the truck and it was -15F...brrr.

And once again the M1000 ran like crap!

W

wpnyturbo

Oct 15, 2009
GOOD to hear supposed to snow down there for the next several days cant wait for next weekend..

Premium Features