• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stupid lazy snow plow drivers

K
Feb 26, 2013
Been riding Mores Creek/Idaho City area for years and the staging areas rarely (like twice a year) get plowed making it impossible to even get in there most of the time.

Also, groomer hits the trail maybe once or twice during the season. Why am I paying them my money when nothing happens? Literally 5 minutes and the snow plow could clear the lot. Yet they will run up and down the road all day long plowing sunshine off the road. This will be the last year I designate my fees to them.

Is this normal for other areas as well?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Doesn't sound normal to me, but I don't live there. I doubt it has anything to do with being lazy though. I would make some phone calls. :face-icon-small-coo

Most Idaho groomer programs have suffered financially right along with the local populations. Each area has a groomer advisory board. I encourage you to attend a meeting. Might prompt you to consider your description of people who volunteer. Free that is, no pay in most programs. Something to consider.

Last edited:

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
Been riding Mores Creek/Idaho City area for years and the staging areas rarely (like twice a year) get plowed making it impossible to even get in there most of the time.

Also, groomer hits the trail maybe once or twice during the season. Why am I paying them my money when nothing happens? Literally 5 minutes and the snow plow could clear the lot.

You do know the snow plow driver that clears that lot died a few weeks ago while clearing snow right?
http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article120698093.html

ITD will need a replacement as they are responsible, and they were delaying clearing it any way due to the fires.

Here's a link to the grooming reports:

http://boisesnow.com/snow/r-e.html

You have to click on the map to see which trail number you ride and compare it to the calendar.

Looks like the groomer has been up 5 times in the last week to ten days. Looks like 10 days last month. Not sure which trail you ride but they do quite a bit up there.

FYI.

K
Feb 26, 2013
You do know the snow plow driver that clears that lot died a few weeks ago while clearing snow right?
http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article120698093.html

ITD will need a replacement as they are responsible, and they were delaying clearing it any way due to the fires.

Here's a link to the grooming reports:

http://boisesnow.com/snow/r-e.html

You have to click on the map to see which trail number you ride and compare it to the calendar.

Looks like the groomer has been up 5 times in the last week to ten days. Looks like 10 days last month. Not sure which trail you ride but they do quite a bit up there.

FYI.

Yes, I was actually there when it happened. Obviously there needs to be some training on how to not clean your rotary out while it is running. But that has nothing to do with the ongoing problem of it not being plowed. That may help explain why it's not being plowed now but doesn't explain why it has not been for years.

That grooming report link is NEVER updated. Last time I checked it it only reported for the previous year. Seems all they really groom is the nordic trails which funny enough those guys don't even pay registration fees like we do.

My gripe is we pay for this service and it is not done. Yes, I know there are people who volunteer to groom trails etc but as long as we are required to pay $ I expect to get what I pay for.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
My gripe is we pay for this service and it is not done. Yes, I know there are people who volunteer to groom trails etc but as long as we are required to pay $ I expect to get what I pay for.

You mention pay in several posts. What pay are you referring to?

Reactions: Snow Duck
Premium Features