• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

straightline single pipe

Guessing you’re confusing Straightline Performance(SPI) with Starting Line Products(SLP)
OMG, I really got confused until I saw your post, yes I confused SPI with SLP, sorry about that

I do not know this company SPI, can this company be trusted to properly measure flows of their pipe? This is extremely important for a 2 stroke engine, and I do not want to end up buying a pipe that will hinder my sleds performance

OMG, I really got confused until I saw your post, yes I confused SPI with SLP, sorry about that

I do not know this company SPI, can this company be trusted to properly measure flows of their pipe? This is extremely important for a 2 stroke engine, and I do not want to end up buying a pipe that will hinder my sleds performance
Well, they have state of the art certified engine Dyno's for Snowmobiles, ATV's, and chassis dyno for snowmobiles, ATV's, motorcycles, carts and more. Plus you can go there for tuning for your own sled in the Famous Heart Breaker Dyno that can prove if the products you bought are putting out the power you were promised. They have a full machine shop, welding, etc. The owner Jason Houle held the NSSR World Speed record 7 times on snowmobiles. They compete in snow cross, cross country like the famous Iron Dog winning, water cross, hill climb, asphalt racing, grass drags, speed runs and backcountry...So yes, I would say they know what they are doing. They were more known for their Skidoo heritage but have taken their knowledge of performance to Polaris with great success. That is why guys like Eric Woog (Tuner of Chris Burandt's and other pros) and Matt Entz are running Strightline Performance single pipes because they work.
Their 40+ years of racing Story is here: https://www.straightlineperformance.com/our-story/

Last edited:
I would like to see a WOT dyno run on this pipe. Quick runs can be very misleading. Looks like a solid product from what others are saying. The need of no controller is what sparks my interest.

Well, they have state of the art certified engine Dyno's for Snowmobiles, ATV's, and chassis dyno for snowmobiles, ATV's, motorcycles, carts and more. Plus you can go there for tuning for your own sled in the Famous Heart Breaker Dyno that can prove if the products you bought are putting out the power you were promised. They have a full machine shop, welding, etc. The owner Jason Houle held the NSSR World Speed record 7 times on snowmobiles. They compete in snow cross, cross country like the famous Iron Dog winning, water cross, hill climb, asphalt racing, grass drags, speed runs and backcountry...So yes, I would say they know what they are doing. They were more known for their Skidoo heritage but have taken their knowledge of performance to Polaris with great success. That is why guys like Eric Woog (Tuner of Chris Burandt's and other pros) and Matt Entz are switching to Strightline Performance because they work.
Their 40+ years of racing Story is here: https://www.straightlineperformance.com/our-story/
Well this is just my opinion but vohk and entZ have had strong ties with slp for awhile. If slp had an 850 single pipe I don’t think running an spi (straightline) would even be a consideration. I believe they do run good but it’s their best alternative to not having an 850 single. The twins are pricey and not pull and go so they aren’t for everybody.

I would like to see a WOT dyno run on this pipe. Quick runs can be very misleading. Looks like a solid product from what others are saying. The need of no controller is what sparks my interest.
Your right, Dyno runs can be manipulated and misleading. Dyno's are a great place to build parts and test but that is why I like real world tests to back up claims. Back when I ran big bores from Carls cycles you never got a Dyno sheets, you got a target rpm that the build was built to perform in and they always impressed me and they flat out worked. From their 660's on up Ive ran almost all of theirs and no one asked Carls for a Dyno sheet because it was closely guarded secrets, the proof was in the backcountry. Im running a Strightline Performance pipe on my 2020, Ive seen them and rode it and was impressed. Several years ago when I was testing the prototype 850 Polaris and they had stock 800's and 1 stage 3 Strightline Performance sled (pipe, y-pipe, can and clutching) everyone that day was also impressed. Ive also ran Starting Line pipes, big bores, porting etc with mostly good results, and won me some races. So I won't talk bad about them or any of the others Ive ran, but I didn't care for their last single pipes on the 800 when they were cracking and leaving us stranded on the hills. Yes, they warrantied them, but the backlog was months and months meanwhile you had to put on your stock pipe by the time a couple of my close riding buddys got their warranty pipe the season was over.

Last edited:
So have you tried the Axys 850 pipe out on the steep n deep? Did they have it out last year? Thanks

I should have my spi pipe delivered this week and plan on riding revy this weekend with teth air, I'm using my own clutching for starters and will report back.
I also geared to pro gears and while at the dealership getting my reflash, they tried changing my gear settings with the digii wrench but the software would not allow it so I guess I'll have to subtract 10% from my track speed

So have you tried the Axys 850 pipe out on the steep n deep? Did they have it out last year? Thanks
There were no production 850 pipes released to the public last year. They wanted to do some hard testing in the field and get lots of hours and miles in different scenarios. So the only ones that got them were test engineers and maybe some pro athletes. For this reason they are slower to release products to market than some to try to make sure they get it right which I'm ok with. I just talked to Spencer Cowling at Strightline about this.

Last edited:
There were no production 850 pipes released to the public last year. They wanted to do some hard testing in the field and get lots of hours and miles in different scenarios. So the only ones that got them were test engineers and maybe some pro athletes. For this reason they are slower to release products to market than some to try to make sure they get it right which I'm ok with. I just talked to Spencer Cowling at Strightline about this.

I also spoke with Spencer and he told me the same story.

I should have my spi pipe delivered this week and plan on riding revy this weekend with teth air, I'm using my own clutching for starters and will report back.
I also geared to pro gears and while at the dealership getting my reflash, they tried changing my gear settings with the digii wrench but the software would not allow it so I guess I'll have to subtract 10% from my track speed

Let us know on how the ride goes with Chris,.. I want to order this pipe for my sled as well, where did you order it from?

Let us know on how the ride goes with Chris,.. I want to order this pipe for my sled as well, where did you order it from?
I ordered directly from Spencer at sp,i otherwise he told me id be in a waiting line if I ordered from a 3ird party. I still haven't received it yet, its getting close but not sure if ill have the pipe my thurs the 28th for my ride with Chris.

I ordered directly from Spencer at sp,i otherwise he told me id be in a waiting line if I ordered from a 3ird party. I still haven't received it yet, its getting close but not sure if ill have the pipe my thurs the 28th for my ride with Chris.

I forgot to ask did you just order the pipe or did you get the y-pipe as well,.. nevermind I see it's pre-order DOH!

I rode revy today with my new spi pipe and was disappointed with my results.
I got several det codes, and would fall on its face at times from chopping the throttle.
I used 91 non eth fuel, all stock clutching with mtx 74 grm weights.
I'm gonna try adding more mid weight to my weights and try a steeper helix, but overall ,it was disappointing .
Spi basically recommend a 62/42 helix, so I'll give that a try.
Gonna ride again tomorrow but will use the current clutching.

Anyone else have anytime on this pipe? That’s a bummer for sure that it’s not working. Thanks for the update.

Snobyrd...I might be mistaken, but could put the sled setting to ethanol to help with det, i thought that was a lil trick to help with that, but i very well could be wrong.... i also have a Straightline pipe sitting in a box waiting to be put on, but am waiting to see what some people come up with clutching or where to start after some hours of riding, now ill really be waiting to see what others experience with theirs before putting it on

Last edited:
I rode revy today with my new spi pipe and was disappointed with my results.
I got several det codes, and would fall on its face at times from chopping the throttle.
I used 91 non eth fuel, all stock clutching with mtx 74 grm weights.
I'm gonna try adding more mid weight to my weights and try a steeper helix, but overall ,it was disappointing .
Spi basically recommend a 62/42 helix, so I'll give that a try.
Gonna ride again tomorrow but will use the current clutching.
Curious if you have 19, 19.5, or 20 flash?

Last edited:
Snobyrd...I might be mistaken, but could put the sled setting to ethanol to help with det, i thought that was a lil trick to help with that, but i very well could be wrong.... i also have a Straightline pipe sitting in a box waiting to be put on, but am waiting to see what some people come up with clutching or where to start after some hours of riding, now ill really be waiting to see what others experience with theirs before putting it on
I tried eth mode and never got any det codes but it run like garbage.
In the instructions it never suggested using eth mode and recommends 79-8100 rpm. Chris aka tethair rode my sled yesterday and it stumbled on its face 2wice after crawling through the trees.
The crappy thing is , Jason told me via email that they have done no testing at 6-7000 feet and gave me a suggested clutching configuration with the biggest difference from stock was to use 62/42 helix, I used stk 42 helix with 74 grm mtx weights loaded with 2 more grms.
I'm gonna put this pipe on a short leash cause my son's stock 850 tottaly rips with the new flash.

You never mentioned what map you're running. When I called and asked about the pipe they said it runs at all elevations with no fuel controller . I did ride my stock 2020 yesterday at 5500-8000 and it never missed a beat.I have one on order and I am considering canceling . Hope someone else who has tried one will chime in. I hope this is just an isolated issue.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back