• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

storm of the decade

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
it's tues. this mornings news i think channel 11 the weather man said they are tracking a storm for next wed. and could be the storm of the decade. snow from the cities north and tornados south to iowa. a ton of moisture with this storm

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
snow up north but rain down here in SE man....I'm over shoveling for the year.

But we need some freshies if we pull off the overnight trip.

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
Well, that oughta be a treat to drive through on the way to Cooke - hopefully they get some snow out of it. It looks like another last minute North or South Dakota decision for the best weather to drive through. Last year was 25mph across much of SD...white knuckling it most of the way.

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I don't think I'll get too excited over anything they are tring to track a week plus out. The weather guy/girl can miss the forcast in a 48 hour period. Hard to have much faith in them hitting one 9 days out.

We can hope though. Wouldn't break my heart if I got snowed in and had to ride at home rather than spending 14 hours in the truck driving to the snow.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
ya i know that they don't do any thing more then geuss. but there must be a chance of somthing for him to talk about 8 days out. usally they never say anything. he said somthing about a huge temp difference from north to south

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
We will see if the storm (?) compares to the St.Patrick's Day storm of 1965.
That was nasty. I got caught in that on I-94 near Menomonie, WI. Got involved in a chain reaction crash in near zero visibility.
Dumb, I shoulda stayed home.
There was a lot of flooding that Spring, with the snow from that storm on top of a very snowy winter.

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Leaving for west yellowstone thursday afternoon looks like we may be taking the north route. Usually take 90 but looks like bad weather all the way through SD. 94 looks alot better.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Braham Minnesota
Were getting a few flurries but seems to be picking up here in cambridge.. they "say" 4-8.. well see. AND if this storm for next week is true? HOLY S%^$
Bring it on! I wont get my hopes up too much though.. not until a day or two beforehand.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i think i will erase this thread soon. not lookin to promising for next week. 9i hate to get anyones hopes up. they said we will be in a very active storm pattern for the next month

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
we were supposed to be in hazardous driving this afternoon in SE. Rochester canceled schools....just now started at 1ish. By the way the radar looks cities and north, which is fine by me. Like I said, we need snow in the woods for an overnight.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
4" and couting in nisswa. we had 2" on sat too so the trails should be perfect this weekend.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
we ended up with 6-8" after it was all said and done last night. with the wind the ditches are full. hopefully we get 8" more like they are saying next week. that would be great to get some more miles in around home before it is all gone.

Premium Features