• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stolen rmk snowmobiles and black enclosed trailer $5000 reward

M
Jan 14, 2004
I had my 4 place broken into last year at Griffin and lost a sled. Never a trace of it ever showed up. From what I have been led to believe these aholes are getting more organised.

M5

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
Well I for one would love to catch these azzholes and lock them inside the sled trailer for a night at -20 and see if they still want to steal stuff. I bet this would cure some of these stealing no good lame azz bastards!!!!

E
Nov 26, 2007
oregon
Do you guys have Lo-Jack up there? Not that it helps for this go around, but your area is infamous in these parts for sleds and trailers getting ripped off.

If a few of you locals put Lo-Jack's in your trailers, word would get out quickly among the little dirt bags.

Hope you get your gear back...

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Yah it'd be nice if it had something like that, it could lead to a lot more stolen crap.
hopefully someone see's it on crimestoppers on tv and see's the reward and talks.

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
i think setting up a decoy truck and trailer with a shut down system and gps would be one way to catch them in the act, drag the maggots up the trail behind a Tapex by their feet then tie them up to a tree by one of the chalet's and leave 'em there for a while.

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
no updates yet, but they gotta be somewhere close.....it'll be in the kamloops paper tomorow with the reward posted, so hopefully someone speaks.

S
Nov 29, 2007
Kamloops, BC
Hey C-Man

saw your ad in teh newspaper, it has the locals talking, hopefully we'll catch these azzholes and hang em out to dry. I was with a group 10 yrs ago, we lost a truck , trailer, and 3 sleds, no insurance on anything. Never stay at the Fortunes Landing Hotel in Enderby, i am sur ethey had an insider......I have my eyes out for you .

O
Dec 20, 2008
sicamous BC
I would love to build a bait sled with a truck. GPS on both. i have a rmk 900 but no one will steal it lol. I think a nice black dodge or super duty with a enclosed trailer with say 4 guys in side it would work just great. when the truck stops and they get out to check the trailer we do a little justice.

the cops had those Bait sea-doos in kelowna. why cant they do a bait sled and truck package. if they did this for one month they could loose most of the bad *** punks that are doing this.

I just serviced 2 of the RCMP sleds from enderby and they would make a good bait sled package (well would have to leave the covers on them since they are nothing hot lol). we need bait sleds out there. it is not much to build one. GPS unit is about 3-400 bucks I think and it cost 20ish to monitor them. I was reading about this from a company in kamloops. when the sled moves you get a phone call. why can the cops do this? they dont have to sit there and watch it. they get a call at timmies to go follow it lol.

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
yahh i wish they would set up bait, it would be to easy.
i would do it with our new trailer but i dont have the time and i would only want to bait out in my area(kamloops)
but with all these chezzy gps trackers i dont know what one to buy. i want one with live tracking and something that lasts long(remote turn on and off? such a thing?) i would love to leave it and not worry about it

S
Nov 14, 2008
calgary
Good luck finding those bastards.:cool:
On another note, I've seen your Regal Velocity(red and grey boat in photo) a few times on the lake by the floating stores, my cottage is across the lake from yours, alittle farther north than wild rose bay. we take all our toys with us when we leave.
I have a 22 foot black sea ray, were going up next weekend, probly gonna give'er at silver beach....:devil:beer;:beer;

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
thats our buddies boat...reed, he's an awesome guy. but our boat is to the left of the velocity....you cant really see it though

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
Hey C-man ! I hate to say it... but, those sleds are long gone, or parted out by now, I doubt they were stolen by joy riders, these guys are organized ! and don't count on the cops ! I really don't think they care ! I've been there myself ,they called me a couple years ago to tell me they had a bare tunnel sitting in a compound 3 provinces away that was stolen 6 years earlier ! it sat there for a year before they bothered to trace the serial #

Have you given the serial #s to all the local dealers in the area ? its worth a try ! some sap that may have bought the sleds could end up taking it to a dealer to have work done on it !

Premium Features