• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering post?? On Edge Vertical Escapes

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
Ok, I am going to cut off flat plate on top of my 02 edge and shorten steering post by 3" then weld a 7/8 tube on post to have t-type top of steering post to mount my new Rox Elite 6 to 9 adjustable riser. Is it necisary to have the grooved tube to hold clamp or is smooth fine?:beer;

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
Ok, I am going to cut off flat plate on top of my 02 edge and shorten steering post by 3" then weld a 7/8 tube on post to have t-type top of steering post to mount my new Rox Elite 6 to 9 adjustable riser. Is it necisary to have the grooved tube to hold clamp or is smooth fine?:beer;

a nurled post is better to have. (grooved)

that way it helps to prevent slipping on the smooth surface.

if anything take 60 grit sandpaper to your pipe to ruff the surface up before mounting

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
As long as it will take. You will want it to hopefully extend beyond the upper post mount. There is already a reinforcing tube in this section. Not sure how long it is, I think about 2-3" below the steering stop plate. So, if you can get one in the center further than that, I doubt it will be gaining you much as it will be floating after it extends beyond that inner tube.

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
As long as it will take. You will want it to hopefully extend beyond the upper post mount. There is already a reinforcing tube in this section. Not sure how long it is, I think about 2-3" below the steering stop plate. So, if you can get one in the center further than that, I doubt it will be gaining you much as it will be floating after it extends beyond that inner tube.

I Got riser today so tonight I will remove post cut off and slide a wire down to see how far the reinforcing tube that is there is.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
use tube

run Chro-moly tube instead of shaft or rod, it is way stiffer and lighter. I am 6'5" 220lbs and tend to pull on my bars too hard at times, the chro-moly tube does not bend like the shaft did.

Premium Features