• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Staking Turny

Stake the top of Turny for poor viz conditions?

• Yea. Anyone can get turned around in the fog

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Ghey. Weather weeds out the weak

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H
Oct 8, 2003
Anchorage, AK
I wouldn't give up on your idea yet. Also, there are A LOT more snowmobilers out there than are on this forum. We are just a slice of the population. I think eventually proper trail signage will appear in more of our snowmobiling areas. It just takes some peoples time and a little money.

trail signs, markers, stakes, reflectors, rest stops, port a potties, maps, trail guides, etc have their place at family oriented riding areas like petersville. the top of turnagain? no way

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
I think staking out the trail to get off the mountain is a good idea, Ive never rode turnagain except the highway side but am a more than capable rider. It would nice to be able to go into a new area (for me) with the confidence that if I got fogged in I could still find my way out without going off a cliff or into a ravine...besides, I don't think trail riders would overrun the area unless you started grooming the trail over the top:face-icon-small-hap

Nov 28, 2007
Anchorage, AK
They would get mowed over by sleds, buried in a heavy snow storm or slide, and at the end of the winter, they would be laying all over the face giving ammo to the greenies about our littering.

Does anyone think a private party would actually be able to maintain these stakes?

Reactions: Winter Project
Dec 8, 2007
Good Luck

Stakes? What's next a Kaladi Bros coffee stand at the base of the Widowmaker? or Ticketmaster at the 120? Bad Idea, agree with previous, it's a waste, they wouldn't last. If your thinking stakes are the answer for navigation up there, you might want to re-think your options.

Premium Features