• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

St. Helens - Marble Mountain Conditions?

TTT ??? Anybody have prediction for Monday- Tuesday making up higher past rock flow??? Or Westside shute??? Thanks l<>l !!!

Snowing hard now. Saturday will be low visibility and lots of heavy snowfall. Be careful if you go exploring Saturday.
Sunday will be poor visibility with moderate snowfall.
Monday will share good visibility with poor visibility, some light snow.
Tues will be clear, awesome visibility, fresh snow down low and deep above the treeline.
Muddy Creek will be questionable for crossing but anything above Lahar will be phenomenal.
Looks like winter is going to return and give us another turn or two at fresh snow before its over.

Go get you some before next Thursday, it going to start snowing again.
I'm going to go snoop around tomorrow morning and see what the lower levels are doing. Probably going to be poor visibility but I've got some trees to play in down low if there's enough new snow.

Snowing hard now. Saturday will be low visibility and lots of heavy snowfall. Be careful if you go exploring Saturday.
Sunday will be poor visibility with moderate snowfall.
Monday will share good visibility with poor visibility, some light snow.
Tues will be clear, awesome visibility, fresh snow down low and deep above the treeline.
Muddy Creek will be questionable for crossing but anything above Lahar will be phenomenal.
Looks like winter is going to return and give us another turn or two at fresh snow before its over.

Go get you some before next Thursday, it going to start snowing again.
I'm going to go snoop around tomorrow morning and see what the lower levels are doing. Probably going to be poor visibility but I've got some trees to play in down low if there's enough new snow.
Well what did you find ?? Thanx l<>l

It was 43F and raining in the parking lot a little afternoon when I arrived. Bare asphalt in the parking area but lots of snow on the trail. Trail was in decent shape going out and met 2 groomers when I was coming back around 4pm.
Rained all the way up the trail and up pine creek. At the top of pine creek, the rain turned to snow, but it was wet heavy snow.

Visibility was mostly bad but I did climb up a ways to check snow conditions. Best I found was maybe 2' of fresh mashed potatoe texture snow on top of frozen hard snow.
Had to be careful side hilling because the sled would want to wash out on the hard frozen layer below.
Was still snowing part ways down pine creek coming back so the temp must have been dropping.

Even though its supposed to keep snowing tonight and tomorrow, it probably won't be waist deep this time. If it doesn't cool down and dry up the snow, you will be able to go right to the top Monday.

Overall, I think it will be worth going on Monday and Tuesday.
If the temps did drop this evening, everything above the treeline should be phenomenal riding early next week.

Get your parking spot by 10AM on Monday or the Subarus from Portland will be double parked all over plugging up the truck/trailer lot.

I hope to see you guys up there Monday!

Thanks for detail report, working buds want Monday, I am leaning towards Tues-Wed might see ya 1 of the 3 days if all goes good!!! Thanx again l<>l !!!

Had a great day today!
Started out of the lot at 7:30 and snowing.
Went up pine creek above into the canyons and trees. Very poor visibility for several hours.
Also, in spite of lots of fresh snow, it was still sketchy. The very wet base layer froze almost solid before the snow dried out. There was maybe a couple feet of very fluffy powder on top of the frozen.

We made our way over above lahar, but visibility was still poor.
Many sledders there and heading towards the planes.

Headed back above pine creek and the sun popped out. We ended up spending all afternoon in the sun on untracked powder. Well, we sure put a lot of tracks on it.
We worked our way up the hill and found AWESOME snow! We got up high enough that it never got above freezing and there was no hard layer. The 163's were even getting a workout up there.

Headed down around 4 pm and low on fuel.

All in all, it was an awesome day on Helen's.

GO GET YOU SOME!!!

GOPR1615.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

3.jpg

9.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

Parking lot is bare but still lots of snow on the trail.
Went up last Monday and had a great time!
Went up Pine Creek, into the sugar bowls, onto the worm flows, over to the plains, up to the top above the planes, back to lahar, back to the top on the left side of shoestring glacier, and back down pine creek.

1-1/2' of soft mashed potatoes to play in.1951E13B-799C-4575-8B98-278873F7DA63.jpg

A79BADF8-6EE9-4AFA-BCFF-B4155DB675BE.jpg

41381593-36B7-4577-980C-DE0D7E82CA00.jpg

39193B1C-C4D0-407C-BA66-45C7D71B6CEF.jpg

15BBA874-2D52-4923-8680-D8A14E4B15CC.jpg

00987750-C2DD-4D31-963D-A8108E1B6635.jpg

6" of new WET snow in the snow park today.
Rained on us all afternoon but never went very high. Temps are supposed to drop and should pick up another foot in the parking lot by tues night.

Went up today (Sunday, 4/22)
Trail is getting whooped, but still ok for the most part. Mashed po-taters in the afternoon. Look for the washouts, there are 3 or 4 of them now on the way up to Lahar. Good day riding, sunny!

1.jpg 2.jpg

Went up today. Great warm day out. Definitely whooped out on the road. Went up through Pine Creek which was actually better than the road. I was surprised how busy the parking lot was which skiers/hikers and such. All parked on the outside edges of the parking lot. Kinda of annoying. Biggest thing I was mad about was the garbage at the bathroooms. The can was full and garbage laying everywhere. I don't understand why people can't pick up after themselves. Overall great day.

DSCF0006.jpg DSCF0013.jpg DSCF0015.jpg

Marble sno park

How are the conditions down that way. How much is on the road? I'm curious how many more weekends before it's is done?

Road was real bumpy last week with a couple of bare spot. After the 80 deg weather, not sure how it would be. Upper snow was decent with rock showing in some spots.

Premium Features

Back