• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Stage 2

R
Jan 21, 2018
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the stage 2 from speed werx on a 2020 Alpha. Sled runs great but just looking for a little more when we are up at 11,000’. I’ve looked into turbos and I’m not completely sold on the idea of mixing in av gas. Supercharger sounds cool, but they are pricey and I’m sure they can be a handful in the tight trees. I have a big bore 950 in my 16 Ltd (for sale) and it can wear you out if you forget some skill at home. Hoping the Stage 2 will be not too much but not to little but want to hear some opinions before pulling the trigger on one.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
if you are open to other stage tuning options, and not set on speedwerx, i will have a bikeman fat azz pipe for sale in a week or two. i ran it for 1 day, and decided to go another route. Ski

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
My experience with super chargers is your sled will become a huge gas hog, so if you have to ride trail for a while before getting off you will be packing fuel. For me I put 40km round trip each ride just trail. Supers also are set to a boost level based on the pulley of course too, so if I remember right you can't change the boost.

Turbo's seem to increase effeciency and make fuel mileage better than stock down trail. Then after a day of playing I found my old 2 stroke turbo used a bit more fuel if I went real hard than stock.

Also with the turbo the new kits are so good it's damn near instant boostinf and once you've already been boosting, in and out of the throttle is instant. Just from a dead stop idling there may be that 1 second of lag. Then you can change boost as per elevation/fueling too...
The Stage 2 isn't a super charger, though....

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I love the stage 2. Really snappy and pulls harder all the way through. It takes a good amount of weight off the front of the sled so it feels even more agile. Just don’t run any aftermarket hoods with a stage 2. Never got them to run right. With the stock hood they rip!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
It may be apples and oranges but, I ran a SLP stage III on my M8 and it was very impressive. So impressive that I sent the nitrous kit I thought I would need back!

Srhone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2016
I have one trip under my belt with a stage 2 from speedwerx on a 20,very happy with it. If you like riding an alpha you won't be disappointed.

huffymtx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2008
we have 19 alpha with Dakota performance. port cyl. head. pipe and reflash run 5 grams (73) more than 19 and 20 with bikemans full pipe (68) ride all sleds every trip same results also rode with speedwerx stage two somewhere in the middle as far as performance. all 165 with belt drive at 10500

Premium Features