• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sort out which RMK engine I can use?

Greetings all and happy new year from a new member. I have a 2003 RMK 600 (Edge/VES/reverse/144) and need to replace the engine. Does anyone know where I can find out which engines can be interchanged for it? I understand that any 2003 (600/700/800) will fit the bolt pattern, and that if I upgrade to a 700 or 800 I need to replace both clutches, ECU and the exhaust manifold. I also have been told that several other years could be used, but am not certain which ones since the 2003 was the intro year for reverse. I am tempted to go to a larger engine while I am replacing, but need to find out what sleds (year, model, cc) I can take from and for certain what other parts I would need to get at the same time. Thanks for your help!

PS: If anyone has a line on any of these parts I would love that too.

Engine

Your 600 is a small block motor. If you go larger like a 700 or 800 then first thing you will need are motor straps. The 700 and 800 up to 05 are big block motors. Pipes are different too as well as primary clutch crank taper. Driven will just need different calibration. Carbs have a different center to center distance so you will need to make a change there. In all actuallity you could use any 6,7, or 800 from 97 up but you will need to make the above changes. If you want the electronic reverse then 03 and up. If your 600 is still in pretty good shape I would put Carl's Cycle 660 kit on it. It runs pump gas and will give 800s a run for their money. You will also stay clear of 800 crank issues. It will use a SLP single for a stock 600. Very reliable and a easy performance upgrade. Kit gives you a new top end and runs about $2000.00 without pipe or reeds.
PM me if you want more details.

Premium Features

Back