• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowpants with built in knee pads?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I always considered wearing knee braces when I ride and ski, but I thought the price was way too high for a decent pair. I tore my ACL 2 years ago and had to have knee surgery and 6 months of rehab. Now I ride with Asterisk braces on both legs all the time. They work great, and fit great. After a little while, you don't even know you have them on anymore. They protect your knee from twisting, they have a knee cap protection pad, and they have an adjustable hyper extension limit. There has already been a few injuries they have saved me from. They are expensive, but knee surgery and rehab is much more expensive and I'd rather not do it again.

Just finished my 7th knee surgery and have had both ACL's replaced twice. Finally bought some nice custom made braces with built in knee and shin pads at $3600 not cheap but alot better than missing riding. Finally bit the bullet when the doc said next surgery would be a knee replacement!

R
I'm looking to buy a new pair of snowpants for the year, and I'd like to find some with built in knee padding, like the Klim Freerides. I cracked a kneecap last season when I went flying off my sled and onto a rock, so it's not as solid as it used to be. I like the Klim freerides, but not the price tag. Does any other company out there make pants like those?

Skip the built in pads ... athough I am a huge fan of my Klim Freerides. I wear 661 Pro DJ Knees under them and all is well. I'm not much for the shin guards though ... cuts the circulation off in my feet since I'm cursed with "Hulk" calves ;) The Pro DJ's are knee protection only and are really easy to get on and off. I feel your pain, since tearing ACL and MCL in one get-off on the dirt bike ... NO FUN! Here's the link to the pads I'm rollin':
http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_66...&product=dc723865-5360-4d68-84d9-98dbc309a729

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
Just finished my 7th knee surgery and have had both ACL's replaced twice. Finally bought some nice custom made braces with built in knee and shin pads at $3600 not cheap but alot better than missing riding. Finally bit the bullet when the doc said next surgery would be a knee replacement!

gee dizz.......i didn't know you were THAT athletic??:eek:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I know what you swell fellers use your knee pads for ;)

guess I should say pad for Bull :beer;

Premium Features