• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Ramp For Truck

Yeah, you really wouldn't want it any narrower because then it limits it's uses. Right now I can use for a mountain sleds, trail sled, vintage sled and an ATV.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yep. That is why it is designed how it is. I'm not sure there would be enough volume to warrant a Mountain only ramp. It could probably be narrowed up 2.5" per side and use the 9" grip glide and then take 5" out of the center section so it closes correctly. It would be a 42" wide ramp and it would weigh 5lbs less.

Also one tip for when you are hooking the strap up. Fold one of the side sections up so you can get to your hitch a lot easier. Then just fold the section back down on the tailgate after you get back up.

Have any of you guys bent a tailgate? I’ve heard stories of people bending them because they aren’t made to hold the weight of a sled and yourself. It’s been one of the things that has made me hesitant to load in the back of my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of you guys bent a tailgate? I’ve heard stories of people bending them because they aren’t made to hold the weight of a sled and yourself. It’s been one of the things that has made me hesitant to load in the back of my truck.

I'm using a heavy steel ramp in my Ram. I haven't bent anything so far. I've had the full weight of the ramp, sled, and my 200lbs.

Depends on the truck I suppose.

I noticed my 2002 gmc 2500 tailgate starting to get a bow so I placed a 1” square steel tube across the end of the tailgate and put my loading ramps on top of that.

When loading a sled, there is a lot of weight placed right in the middle of the gate as the sled/rider transition from going up the ramp to entering the truck.

My other concern was breaking the cables. I never changed anything there but came across this set of bars which install quickly and support the tailgate very well and the oem cables dont have to be removed.

Amazon product ASIN B07VLC75XK
There are also hitch extenders which could be used to move most of the weight from the tailgate back to the extender.

Yep. That is why it is designed how it is. I'm not sure there would be enough volume to warrant a Mountain only ramp. It could probably be narrowed up 2.5" per side and use the 9" grip glide and then take 5" out of the center section so it closes correctly. It would be a 42" wide ramp and it would weigh 5lbs less.

Also one tip for when you are hooking the strap up. Fold one of the side sections up so you can get to your hitch a lot easier. Then just fold the section back down on the tailgate after you get back up.

Good idea. That was the first time I used that particular ramp so I was still learning. I like to to think for an old guy I am still pretty limber. LOL

People have been loading sleds and quads in the back of their trucks for years. Never seen it happen. My quad is like 720lbs dry and I'am 190. Loaded it many times with my old ramp and once with the new ramp. No issues.

Good idea. That was the first time I used that particular ramp so I was still learning. I like to to think for an old guy I am still pretty limber. LOL
Everyone does it the first time.... Thanks for the great review! Let me know if you have any questions on this or any other Caliber Products.

Thanks, we have sold a number of these this year. I sold 2 sleds this year and both times the purchaser showed up with a lifted truck. I am to old to mess with lifting sleds into a back of a truck anymore. This ramp worked great.

I purchased the ramp pro hd this year and am completely happy with my purchase. It has a 3000 lb weight limit and seems like it is going to last a few years. Fit my summit with 36” wide ski stance on the glides just fine. Having a tall truck with a 8 ft bed made the hd a better choice for my needs since it is longer in length.

I purchased the ramp pro hd this year and am completely happy with my purchase. It has a 3000 lb weight limit and seems like it is going to last a few years. Fit my summit with 36” wide ski stance on the glides just fine. Having a tall truck with a 8 ft bed made the hd a better choice for my needs since it is longer in length.
Glad you like your HD! Just a heads up the length and width are exactly the same as the Ramp Pro 2.0. The only difference is the height. That's where it gets the added capacity from 1500lbs to 3000lbs. The biggest Benefit to the HD is splitting the sides from the center section so you can use it for UTV's or other wider wheeled vehicles.

Glad you like your HD! Just a heads up the length and width are exactly the same as the Ramp Pro 2.0. The only difference is the height. That's where it gets the added capacity from 1500lbs to 3000lbs. The biggest Benefit to the HD is splitting the sides from the center section so you can use it for UTV's or other wider wheeled vehicles.
My last ramp was a bit shorter in length and made the transition a bit aggressive in icy parking lots. Totally happy with the caliber ramp. The gripping surface in the glides is a bonus for walking in snow packed boots.

Just purchased and did a review on the Caliber Ramp Pro 2.0. You can see the review here:

Best Ramp I've used and best way I have ever loaded my truck. No more lifting and backing into snow banks. Game changer.

Here is the web link for safe and secure ordering: https://www.gobigparts.com/caliber-ramp-pro-2-0-13527.html

42-50181.jpg

We have been in business for almost 18 years and site has a privacy policy, return policy and shipping policy.

This is a great video, I appreciate you taking the time to put it together...very informative and well done.

I'd love to get one for sled and ATV use but my chief concern is someone swiping such a nice ramp at the trail head....thats getting to be a big problem here in the Northwest unfortunately. Tweakers steal anything they can get their hands on it seems.

Curious if anyone out there has come up with a good idea for securing one while you're out riding?

Thanks!

This is a great video, I appreciate you taking the time to put it together...very informative and well done.

I'd love to get one for sled and ATV use but my chief concern is someone swiping such a nice ramp at the trail head....thats getting to be a big problem here in the Northwest unfortunately. Tweakers steal anything they can get their hands on it seems.

Curious if anyone out there has come up with a good idea for securing one while you're out riding?

Thanks!
If you have an 8ft bed truck, then putting it back in the box with a tonneau cover would be the best. Out of sight, out of mind. Otherwise some sort of chain/cable lock will work. Just have to make it harder to steal than the other ones in the area.

Have a RevArc that’s served me well (well enough...) for years. That being said, I think I’d rather have the Caliber. I’ve got a friend with one, and think it’s an overall better product.

-The RevArc is a one trick horse; good for sleds, and that’s about it.

-Yes, the sled does walk up it quite well and at low speed. Coming back down is almost as easy, but can be a bit tricker if the base of the ramp isn’t on even ground. My ramp has slipped off my tailgate a couple times, even with having the safety strap tight.

-Many of the welds are cracked.

-It’s an absolute cluster to get both wings & traction ramp folded ou; especially by yourself, when it’s cold and wearing gloves. On multiple occasions, I’ve said to myself how pleased I’d be if the thing got stolen.

-The arch built into the ramp makes it more difficult to store beside or beneath your sled. Not impossible, but definitely more difficult.

There; that’s my take on the RevArc. I fixed the shortcomings with mine by buying a used enclosed trailer.

Thanks!

I keep a simple Bike Cable lock with me and just thread it through one of the ramp cross members and then the tie down loop in my truck bed. Never had an issues. This ramp is a game changer for loading toys in your bed. I use it on my dirt bike, quad , and snowmobiles.

I was just about to purchase one of these, but one thing that kinda bugs me is that they don't appear to make a ramp that is only 48" wide. Personally I'd love to be able to slide the ramp in between the wheel wells of the truck without folding it and I so far haven't been able to find a ramp like that. In the past I've made a short height deck and a wood ramp to slide under it and it was a really slick setup, but would love to have an aluminum setup like this either in a dual or tri-fold at 48" wide.

I was just about to purchase one of these, but one thing that kinda bugs me is that they don't appear to make a ramp that is only 48" wide. Personally I'd love to be able to slide the ramp in between the wheel wells of the truck without folding it and I so far haven't been able to find a ramp like that. In the past I've made a short height deck and a wood ramp to slide under it and it was a really slick setup, but would love to have an aluminum setup like this either in a dual or tri-fold at 48" wide.
This has really heavy duty hinges and folds with no effort at all. There is a pin that locks the two folded halfs together. The center section stays stationary.

Premium Features

Back