• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck 21 / thoughts and who's doing what?????????

I'll be snowchecking a 2022 for my wife if they bring the Matryx to play in the mountains. Narrower ergos, better display, better handwarmers all are things she will want. I'm sure there will be others. Now the question will be step down to the 650 or up to the 850? She's riding a 2018 800 Pro RMK now.

I'm getting my wife a 21. I will be in line for the 22. Funny how that works out. I would also reccomend the 850. Better to have and not need than need and not have. The 850 is smooth coming on. She is used to an 800. All you get is the same weight sled with less power. Not that conducive to mountain riding in deep snow. I've rode 600s and had fun but the 850 will get her out of stuff she will be stuck on on the 650. She will have to ride the 650 more perfect or precise. When they get stuck too much they are depressed and so are you. Just something to ponder on.

I have a 2020 Pro RMK 850 with the series 6 2.6” track. I’m sno checking a 2021 set up the same except low elevation clutching for breaking it in in MN

My question is that the only difference between the two sleds? The fact that I can purchase with clutching for MN from the factory? Will the helix be different and that will be an additional item to replace when I head out west?

I haven’t heard anyone talking of any improvements based on two years of the 850.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 2020 Pro RMK 850 with the series 6 2.6” track. I’m sno checking a 2021 set up the same except low elevation clutching for breaking it in in MN

My question is that the only difference between the two sleds? The fact that I can purchase with clutching for MN from the factory? Will the helix be different and that will be an additional item to replace when I head out west?

I haven’t heard anyone talking of any improvements based on two years of the 850.

there is no difference between your two sleds.

buy a 165 x 2.75 khaos.

it will be more nimble and outclimb a 155 rmk.

Well,

Not knowing exactly what their plans are for "low elevation", for sure the weights will be different and more then likely the secondary spring. These would be the most minimum change, but the helix and primary spring could be on the agenda as well, not sure at this point?

You're not doing a QD2 and the new track ??

Here is what SnowTech said about tracks in their Spring 2020 edition.

“Which track is right for me?

The 2.6” lug 2.86” pitch has been our favorite track since the release of the RMK AXYS platform. It is a fantastic all around track as it performs well in all snow conditions. We still see this track continuing to be a great choice for many RMK riders. If your riding areas/style provide a variety of snow conditions or if you have to ride a fair amount of trail to get to that heavenly powder, this is the better track option for you. The more the snow is set up, the ore you want this track.

We cannot stress this enough - too many riders purchase a sled with a track lug height that is too tall for the snow conditions they most frequently ride in. Polaris offers many track options to help riders best match their sled to the conditions. Taller is not always better! Track speed is often times the deciding factor, not lug height, in where and how far you can go. The deepest lug tracks are poor performers in firm snow conditions and increase the likelihood of lug damage, delamination or worse yet track failure.”

The article continues and describes the 2.75” track that is available with QD2.

I’ll have to say that since I am from MN and get out west two or three times a year I don’t get to take advantage of all the deep powder days. My 2020 performed so well in Colorado and Wyoming last year I don’t feel a need for a different track and the article confirms it for me. I would probably have bought the gear down kit but then it’s a third QD belt for my spares(I have a 2013 Pro 800 155) and then would have had a different track as well.

I know I will be quite happy with my choice. And then there is the Golden Ticket for 2022 to get the new chassis.

Thanks for your comments.

So anybody snowchecking by the early deadline tomorrow?

Or.....anyone on the fence and going to wait until the final deadline?

I fell off the fence for a '21 850 Khaos for wife totally for both deadlines. Will buy a leftover '20 or SnowCheck a '23.

Last edited:
Snowchecked ‘21 RMK 155 QD2 2.75. Coming off 155 2.6 which I loved, I’m hoping I will like higher track speeds. Was thinking track speed over lug height when making this decision. Was also thinking resale in 3 years when standard qd and 2.6 may be outdated.

So anybody snowchecking by the early deadline tomorrow?

Or.....anyone on the fence and going to wait until the final deadline?
Been on the fence... kinda want a Khaos just for the shock package. Thinking it would cost around 5k to upgrade from my 19... and I would plan to upgrade again to Matryx in 2022, so I’ve decided I’m gonna keep my 19. I love it, its a ripper. Just as well run it another year... I’ll probably “compromise” and get my shocks revalved by Carls over the off season, I know they do a really good job.

Being involved in agriculture the current price conditions have me thinking I shouldn’t be spending more money than I need to, so that has played a role in not snowchecking as well.

Premium Features

Back