• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck 21 / thoughts and who's doing what?????????

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I'm really confused on what track to get... Way to offer so many choices... I text Tony Jenkins and he told me to buy one of each ?

B
Jan 30, 2010
Northern BC
Just heard back on the Khaos tunnel question........This is according to sources at the show right now.

Tunnels are the same, nothing shorter so it must be a misprint.

I'm not surprised but like many I had my fingers crossed.

Apparently they cited a "cooling" reason for not shortening the tunnels on the 163 and 165.
Would putting a 163/165 track on a SKS 155 with its front track cooler be the best option for a long track and short tunnel?

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Would putting a 163/165 track on a SKS 155 with its front track cooler be the best option for a long track and short tunnel?

Yes, then figure out how to bypass the tunnel coolers all together. Use just bulkhead cooler. Cold tunnel is the way to go.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Reminds me of the display that I have in my RZR Turbo S.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
People just like being negative and cynical.

I’m extremely happy with my 2020 850. I put khaos rails in 163” length with a longer front shock and limiter strap. That sled is a blast! It will do bow ties and hop overs better than my 155” pro.

With that being the case I’ll be getting the 165 khaos 3”. Stoked to have a 3.5 pitch with belt drive. And it’s geared down which saves me from doing that too. I will cut and weld the tunnel, new bumpers, a can, helium hood, durapros, heated break lever, and trs clutching. It’s going to be a deep snow weapon! Can’t wait!

I’ve ridden or owned all 3 brands. I for one am extremely pleased with what we have in the axys right now. Anything I don’t like is easy to change and bolt on to make what is out if the box perfect for me!

The 3” track is still a 3” pitch... the new 2.75” track is the 3.5” pitch...

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
New display looks sweet. Love the "find a friend" feature. That was the only thing missing from my PIDD. Being able to see where you "misplaced" your buddy would be an awesome feature to have. Wonder if it still would show on the screen if the sled is turned off though?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
isnt the series 7 tracks both 2.6 and 3" still a 2.86 pitch or are they 3" pitch now? either way, the series 8 3.5 pitch should be the best deep snow option, not the 3" like their video says, seems to me. they must need to clear out some series 7 3" sitting on shelves.
nice sleds, they've adressed everything that turned me to cat now, i would check one of these if i were buying a new one.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
2.6 is 2.86 pitch, 3 is 3 pitch, 2.75 is 3.5 pitch. And they still have 2.52 pitch in some of the trail sleds! Wouldn't hurt to cut out a few options.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Pretty sure all the series 8 tracks are 3.5" pitch. To make things really confusing, you can apparently still buy a 163 3" (series 7) with a chaincase. Could just be errors on their website; the spec sheet on one of the 174 sleds shows a 163 track... I think they'll keep the old QD on the series 6 sleds for a while, but they really should just go to QD2 across the line for everything else. If they are still selling RMKs with a chaincase, somebody is going to showcheck one thinking they're getting QD2.

Polaris has never put out any official numbers for the 600, at least that I know of, but 115-120 are the rumors I hear. So probably 130 HP, 135 would be my maximum guesstimate for the 650. My reaction to everything I've heard about the 650 is "oh... ok." Nice to have the 850's refinements, but it seems they've gone the minimum effort route. Same stroke as the 850, looks like they just dropped a smaller cylinder and piston on the 850 block and called it a day. They could make an 850 with a selectable reduced power setting and there'd be no reason to buy the 650 other than cost. Only other possible factor is durability; the 650 could be worth something if it lasts like an old Fuji 488, but nobody is going to buy a first-year Polaris motor counting on that.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
I wanted the 650 in the new chassis... have to wait for next year, it seems! No bfd, after adding the snowlike this year, the 19-850 only has 22 hours on it haha

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
This will be a well refined sled.... behind the scenes... this sled will benefit from tweaks and changes that will not be published.... Maping, shock valving, belt and clutching tweaks, internal changes on the engine...

Doesnt look like we get the good display on the mtn sleds this year tho.

View attachment 341712

Would love to see a retrofit to the mtn lineup...know it's not going to happen though

Premium Features