• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow on the mountains

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
I drove home for lunch today and there is a quite a bit of snow on the chugach mountains behind Anchorage today.

Put a big sh!t eatin grin on my face.

Its coming, time to get ready.

Think lots of DEEEEEEEEP Snow.

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
over here on the kenai side of the mountains theres snow at about 2500 feet. over by skilak lake area theres about 15 inches of snow above 2500 feet. (dont go on a late season bear hunt in the mountains) haha i would rather see a foot of snow than get a bear though

M
Jan 1, 2008
Hatchers

Was at Hatchers yesterday flying the paraglider. About 4 inches at the top of the pass. Snow down to the first gate on the Willow side. We were flying in and out of the clouds, snow showers and occasional sunshine. It was snowing when I headed home. Snowing hard up there this morning. Snow above my house to the 2000 foot level on the Knik this morning.

mark

G
Dec 1, 2007
Girdwood, Alaska
Interior got some snow, took this pic today

dc-6.jpg

Galena/ youkon area still looks like fall

yukon.jpg

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
i came back from girdwood last night (going to soldotna) and there was a dusting of snow in sterling. snow has moved down around 1000 ft maybe a little lower even around the hidden lake area. turnagain pass had snow about halfway down the mountains. same with alyeska area. palmer creek road in hope junction has enough snow to mess around on the trail. (about a foot) it seems like the snow is coming early this year. anyone know about what time you can usually ride in hatcher pass?

Premium Features