• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow flap expert

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Can you buy just the rubber piece that holds the snow flap to the bumper ?one of mine fell off somewhere when i had it off .Seeing the flap is an extra anyway the parts catalog doesn't show them .Let me know if someone knows about this

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
Sorry, I copied the part number into my last post but it showed up in a table and isn't very obvious. I gave you the link in case there were other parts you needed to look up in the future. I was in a meeting so I was a little bit brief in my message. Hope this helps!

It's the "Rubber latch" and the part number is 520002090.

acgreen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Fyi - I broke the mounting plate(under the rear tail light) that the snow flap attaches to. Happened when snow flat was pulled into tunnel by track. My sled is a 2018 Ski Doo 850 Summit SP 175". Part #511001378, if anyone needs the #. I cut snow flat shorter.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
My flap was getting sucked into the track on my 2021 turbo 165 the first time I rode with it, I used a large black tie rap to pull the 2 bumper straps closer together that moves the flap away from the track (y) problem solved + easy fix and hasn't happened since. You can still remove when not needed, you can tell the difference with it removed in Deep Powder. Defiantly helps with cooling + reduces the snow chucks pelting riders behind you on the trail.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
My flap was getting sucked into the track on my 2021 turbo 165 the first time I rode with it, I used a large black tie rap to pull the 2 bumper straps closer together that moves the flap away from the track (y) problem solved + easy fix and hasn't happened since. You can still remove when not needed, you can tell the difference with it removed in Deep Powder. Defiantly helps with cooling + reduces the snow chucks pelting riders behind you on the trail.
Can you post a picture of what you did? Thanks

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Can you post a picture of what you did? Thanks
the two rubber "arms" from the flap that attach to the bumper need to be as close together as possible. this causes each arm to pull it's side of the snoflap out and away from the track. wrap a bungee or tie a line around the squeezed together arms to keep them that way.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So, no picture then? Hahaha you don’t understand Engrish!

408EFC07-7783-4097-89D2-99C25A1CB77F.jpeg

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
So, no picture then? Hahaha you don’t understand Engrish!
I should have been more specific.

May I please have a HD video (1080p or better) of the entire setup. Subdued background music too please.

Thanks!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
. This might help

I’m tryna start a internet fight here. Sharing good videos and helping sledders is not permitted. Bahahahaha just kidding, luv the vid. Even NHroadkink will like it!

Premium Features