• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snotel Weather site

Nice...good site(snotel). But I was just wondering how accurate this site usually is....they show the Tokasitna valley getting 89" of snow in the last 2 days. I wish I could believe this but something must be wrong here....

Nice...good site(snotel). But I was just wondering how accurate this site usually is....they show the Tokasitna valley getting 89" of snow in the last 2 days. I wish I could believe this but something must be wrong here....

A lot of times you have to take a closer look at these sites to see if it is legit. If you notice when it jumped up on the snow depth, the water equivelant stayed the same, so you can throw that out. General rule of thumb is 10 to 1 ratio on water equivelant, so if you get 1.2 inches of water you should see 12 inches of snow. Also the year to date precip has changed very little, so that tells me there are several problems with that site.

Premium Features

Back