• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snoscoot motor swap options

S
Dec 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,

First post on here. I've been digging pretty hard trying to find some info on different motor option for the scoots and sports with not much luck. I currently have 2 sports and a scoot. 1 sport with a 121'' track and the other 2 are stock. I recently broke a belt on my scoot and it caused some damage to the variator as well.

Other than the Bullhead moto guy from years ago. Has anyone on here done or looked into doing a GY6 motor swap? They sure look like they would fit and be a good option. lots of mods out there for them.

Thanks

C
Nov 29, 2008
Lots of gy6 style motors online ...a little more power would be a plus too

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

P
Mar 17, 2012
Hello Everyone,

First post on here. I've been digging pretty hard trying to find some info on different motor option for the scoots and sports with not much luck. I currently have 2 sports and a scoot. 1 sport with a 121'' track and the other 2 are stock. I recently broke a belt on my scoot and it caused some damage to the variator as well.

Other than the Bullhead moto guy from years ago. Has anyone on here done or looked into doing a GY6 motor swap? They sure look like they would fit and be a good option. lots of mods out there for them.

Thanks
call me I had swapped the motor out with great success. Shawn 208-670-1964

S
Dec 18, 2019
So I ended up going with a liquid cooled 90cc minerelli style motor out of an Apex mxr youth racing quad. With the stock pipe it’s revving at about 10 rpm and supposed to be putting out around 8hp. It’s very snappy and pulls pretty good all the way to about 28-30 and completely runs out of gear.

Unfortunately I did not do much research on gearing and there is not much at all for taller gearing options for this particular engine that I’ve been able to find so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features