• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP single jetting??

Just bought a used SLP single pipe set for my 02 800 RMK stocker and I'm wondering what jetting guys have had good luck with. SLP suggests
MAG 410​
PTO 400 for 6000-9000 ft @ 10 - 40 degrees.. Not even sure what it currently has.
Any suggestions?

Just bought a used SLP single pipe set for my 02 800 RMK stocker and I'm wondering what jetting guys have had good luck with. SLP suggests
MAG 410​
PTO 400 for 6000-9000 ft @ 10 - 40 degrees.. Not even sure what it currently has.
Any suggestions?

My ported 02 was 400/410 so 390/400 will probably be pretty close on a stocker. Maybe even 380/390.

I ran 410's at 3-6000ft....generally go up 2 sizes from a known good stock pipe jetting for the SLP single....another 2 sizes for SLP twins.:beer;

SLP's jetting chart - http://www.startinglineproducts.com/instsheets/09-834.pdf

I was using 450s this weekend @ approx 6000ft she siezed up on me. Mag side piston went. Be careful, check your plugs every couple thousand ft. :face-icon-small-dis

You have something going on to cause a burndown running that fat.....carb boot leak, seal etc.... You were 4-5 sizes bigger than safe.
Would be curious to know what you find as a cause.
The SLP recs are way off base for most elev.....compare to a basic jetting calculator and their sizes just don't make sense. My sled wouldn't hardly run with their recs. :face-icon-small-con

jetting

I've got an 03 vertical escape,last year i was running 400's with a single and airbos mod,this year i went with reeds and a guy with a sled like mine talked me into running 420's,at 1200m -5 it would barely get over 6500rpm's.changed back to the 400's it was better but still way rich,think i will try 380's next weekend,i think slp was calling for 420's but that's out to lunch,good luck

I've got an 03 vertical escape,last year i was running 400's with a single and airbos mod,this year i went with reeds and a guy with a sled like mine talked me into running 420's,at 1200m -5 it would barely get over 6500rpm's.changed back to the 400's it was better but still way rich,think i will try 380's next weekend,i think slp was calling for 420's but that's out to lunch,good luck

We always ran 360-370 with that SLp/airbox combo on '03 and newer, needle in the middle. 3-6000ft.

Before Atacc I was running 370's needle #4 and in spring 360's w/needle on 3rd and fuel screw 3/4 turn out. Slp pipe, airbox, flow rites, mbrp can. Mostly at ~6000 alt.

You have something going on to cause a burndown running that fat.....carb boot leak, seal etc.... You were 4-5 sizes bigger than safe.
Would be curious to know what you find as a cause.
The SLP recs are way off base for most elev.....compare to a basic jetting calculator and their sizes just don't make sense. My sled wouldn't hardly run with their recs. :face-icon-small-con

Yah still investigating, Plug colour was actually perfect. I think Needle clip may have been in the worng position, so at idle and bottom end was too lean. No cylinder damage, just piston damage. Got away lucky. I'm also running more of mod setup than SLP chart spec. I have every possible Porting done in top end and bottom end, "The Thing" can which is pretty much straight through can and is way better than SLP can. All Airbox and flow vent mods, V Force III etc. I ran 450's all last yr, and they were good up to 9000ft. Everything would have been great but somone thought I was too rich in my bottom end so adjusted my clip and I forgot to change it back before I went into the mountains.

Premium Features

Back