• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slope work

I
Nov 26, 2007
I know a lot of guys on here work up north...can you guys list a few companies that might be hiring?

I'm just looking for places to submit my resume, I'm an equipment operator but would drive the fuel truck/push a broom/make coffee/etc just to get a foot in the door.

Thanks,
Mike

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
I will give you some bad news at least for ASRC....more than likely for
CH2MHILL also, but they have put a freeze to any new hiring right now due to low oil prices this has come down from Connoco on our side of the field....BS if you ask me but they wont even let us work over our scheduled hitch right now...so hang tight, its the end of the year too so by January there sould be another wave of hiring

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
not only the oil prices but its the end of the year we always get cut back for december and jan. untill the new budget gets all worked out

H
Dec 11, 2007
Valley Boy
Ive been on the slope for many years. I always appreciate someone who is willing to step out and look for work. I like that attitude, keep it up.

Try these companies for starters: Slumberger, Udelhoven, Penco, ICE services, Bell and Associates, I am forgetting the warehouse department .. ask around for them, Nana Corporation, Norcon (union ... join it and bug em), ASRC, Ch2mHILL, Peak.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I appreciate the advice guys, I've heard before that the new budgets come out in january so I'm trying to compile a list of companies who will be receiving my resume and a follow up phone call as a happy new years gift ;)

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Your a union operator ? If so go talk to the union Hall, For Union Operator work you need to talk to AIC, Cruze Construction, AFC, to name a few. Be prepared to work 6 to 7 weeks straight, If not longer. Its who you Know, Not what you know, alot up there.

H
Feb 8, 2008
ASCI is the warehouse company and they do some hiring but i hear it is kinda hard to get with them. Also try Conam they are construction and they will hire year round if they have a spot to fill, you will work longer hitches (4x2) but the money is good.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I've been trying to a find a plumbing job(will have my J-card in 5 months) or some kind of gas fitting related job(have both city and state gas cards) but it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I
Nov 26, 2007
If I ever get up there I'll put in a good word for you :D And if you ever go north atleast I'll know someone on the slope

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
I'm starting to figure that one out :rolleyes: Maybe someday I'll know enough that it won't matter who I don't know.

I don't know if ur in the 302 or not, either way AIC hires both, they have an out of work list... that's who I work for, not on the slope tho. I will see about gettin u that number tomorrow.

Caleb I will hit u up tomorrow I might be able to hook u up(I didn't know u did that stuff and were looking), its a solid connect that should lead to a job in time.... two on, two off.... . Btw I'm not gonna make it tomorrow - u still down for the girdwood sesh this weekend?

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
I don't know if ur in the 302 or not, either way AIC hires both, they have an out of work list... that's who I work for, not on the slope tho. I will see about gettin u that number tomorrow.

Caleb I will hit u up tomorrow I might be able to hook u up(I didn't know u did that stuff and were looking), its a solid connect that should lead to a job in time.... two on, two off.... . Btw I'm not gonna make it tomorrow - u still down for the girdwood sesh this weekend?

I'm not sure if I'll make Girdwood or not. Maybe Saturday night, but probably not Friday night.

Premium Features