• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sledder Series - Ski-Doo Glove Box Bag for Lightweight Hood

4nite

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
Wyoming
Seem to be on backorder, again. Some dealers have a few, but not all that where ordered!

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i have the old gauge in my new freeride but the glovebox for the new gauge. i removed the gauge console and was looking at it in conjunction with the new glovebox and it looks like the original bezel/plastic piece could be trimmed forward of it's two rear mounting holes. in other words, cutting off the triangular piece. the new glovebox has a hole in each rear corner for screws that go into the new plastic which is taller and comes up to meet those holes but it looks like some longer bolts could be used to reach down to the original plastic and backed up by nuts underneath. a replacement plastic is only 16 bucks if something goes sideways but availability may be another issue.
i originally thought about making an adapter plate to use the old gauge in the new plastic but that's much more complicated.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
frunkin'a.
the old gauge support/bezel can easily be made to accommodate the frunk. just trim it, place it back in place along with glovebox and use the rear holes in the glovebox as a template to drill the 2 new holes in the old bezel. add the supplied clip things to the new holes you just drilled and attach the bezel and trunk together and then place back in sled. i found it easier to attach them outside of the machine as opposed to trying to line up the new holes with the bolts coming out of the glovebox while in the sled.
pic 29 shows the cut line and with clips placed over the two new holes drilled into the gauge support.
pic 30 is of the glovebox and gauge support assembled together
pic 31 and 32 are of it finished and ready to go.

IMG-0032.jpg IMG-0031.jpg IMG-0030.jpg IMG-0029.jpg

Last edited:

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
forgot to mention that the rear corners of the bag cover the mount holes for the gauge support so just lift them up to put the screws in.
the great thing is that the only alteration is just to the 16 dollar gauge support which will get replaced by the new support you already have if you run the new gauge at some point.

Reactions: Cat-man-Doo

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Doo’s model is to reduce content and then make it an accessory you have to buy.

Works great for the shareholders but not so great for the customers.

It will get worse. Doo is committed to reducing value and charging you to put it back. That is why they cut their warranty on spring orders from 4 to 3 years.

Reactions: Motorbreath_
M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Doo’s model is to reduce content and then make it an accessory you have to buy.

Works great for the shareholders but not so great for the customers.

It will get worse. Doo is committed to reducing value and charging you to put it back. That is why they cut their warranty on spring orders from 4 to 3 years.

So true, yet people still buy them..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So my dealer delivered all of the accessories I ordered for my 22 Expert Turbo EXCEPT the Glove Box.

Anyone know who has these in stock.
My dealer says NO JOY till April.

• Haha
Reactions: JH@CM

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My dealer had 18 of them a week ago I got mine just waiting for my sled now
My dealer got 8 of them, and all of them were pre-sold BEFORE I placed my order last Spring.
I think I found one in Montana.:)
Will know tomorrow morning.

Premium Features