• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sledboarding in B.C.

K
Jul 7, 2011
Does anyone know where there is some good sledboarding in the Enderby, Sicamous, Revelstoke area in the BC interior? New to sledboarding and just looking for some good places to ride. Thanks

S
May 4, 2008
Hey, I'm in Salmon Arm and not getting a pass this year. Would like to catch up with somebody wanting to ride/ski in the area too. I've had my eye on some stuff at Blue Lake and also Owl's Head (or I might be confusing it with Eagles). Anyways, I don't really want to go to The Gorge because there's so many skiers there and it gets skied out sometimes. I'm more interested in going to sledding areas because there's places that just aren't good for sledding but rip for skiing/riding.

K
Jul 7, 2011
Ya me and my 2 brothers got sleds and are looking to doing some riding and boarding. I heard there was some decent stuff at Owl's head, or Eagles i don't remeber which one it was. Greg at skookum told me there was some good tree sking right by Three Valley Gap on the opposite side of the highway. I don't think I will end up at the Gorge anytime soon either, I would assume it gets fairly skied out and you can only ride to the valley, then you have to skin or snowshoe it up, I would rather ride and do laps with a few sleds.

S
May 4, 2008
I've also heard about the area near 3 Valley. Apparently you go a few kms in towards Wap Lake and it's super easy to do laps there. I'm in the same boat with regards to doing laps. I figured it's still less per person in the cost of fuel than buying lift tickets and it's fresh all day... Hopefully lol. The only problem is that I plow snow so I can only go the day after I'm done. Are you guys avy aware? ie Transceivers, probes, shovel and have a level I course or at least can use them effectively?

K
Jul 7, 2011
We are getting our avy gear next week, and I got my level one last season. They are planning on taking one, but for now they are just going to do some reading and when we get our beacons we will do a bunch of practice before we go. So in the new year when we have a little more time we are going to go shredding! Ya BC is awesome I have to agree, really glad I live here!

S
May 4, 2008
Sweet, it's supposed to start snowing a little more tomorrow and through next week. If you want another to your party then just pm me. I'll send you my phone number if you want.

Premium Features