• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled wont ideal down.

the throttle returns just fine when the sled is off. But when ridding the sled it takes forever for the sled to rev down. And sometime the temp guage will flash when it is reving down. Could there be a air leak betwean the carb and the motor.

my edge 600 did this too, i just would push and pull the kill switch till it went down.......... i dont know what causes this but adjusting the idle screw helped, there is a fine line between dieing and high reving i found

1dd728f8.gif

too lean on the bottom end or possibly all together. raise your needles 1 or 2 clips to richen up the bottom, or go in with your air screw. quick fix on the trail is to just hit the choke for a couple seconds when you stop.

Synching the carbs means adjusting them so all the adjustments are exactly the same on both carbs.

Screw in your air screw a bit and see if that helps it. 1/2 turn.

like winter4ever said. it is lean on the idle. mine does this and when you come to a stop just put half choke on for a second and it will idle down.

Turn the air screws in on each carb in about a half a turn at a time until it comes back to idle like it should. You want to set it right at the fine line where it almost hangs, but then drops. This will get you the snappiest throttle on the bottomend and a good idle without fouling plugs, yet still idle where it belongs. If it does hang up on "high idle" like others have said, you can pop your choke for a second and it will drop down.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back