• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled video idea...

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
I've kind of had an itching to do this for a long time, and now that it looks like I'll be an anchorage for the winter or atleast in Alaska I wanted to kind of get something together and see what the people on snowest felt about it.

I used to work for VIO and know how much the company enjoys being apart of things that people in the industry were doing. So here is what I was thinking. I wanted to put together a video with a solid 60 minutes of riding, but all the filming being done on the pov 1.5, and only that. I was thinking of making it a boondock, deep pow, peak riding style video.

It would follow some of the same format as my favorite videos, Evolution, and Sled **** 4. Check them out and thats where all my ideas came from. I'm not too sure that if a video got made, if it could get circulated. So I'm just curious who is interested and what not, and if I am in Ak for the winter I will be trying to make this happen. I don't have knowledge in video editing software like, adobe premier, and some of the 10+ ones for Mac. So I'd mostly be looking to direct the film and have all the riding take place in AK of course.

I don't want this to sound like a huge IF but I have the ambition to make the video happen and possiblity to get together support to make it happen and wanted to see about riders, people who know good stops, share the same vision, and a person or two who can do the editing.

I'm a huge addict of Nasioc, so a few subaru clips are going to happen...

S

snow_freak

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 11, 2009
Wasilla
i see one key that was not clear; is this going to be a meet and greet with all the riders that have helmet cams to consolidate there vids. or are you wanting to recrute riders like slednecks or whatever?

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
The thought was to do all new footage and see riders who would be willing to participate in the filming. So I guess recruiting. I'm seeing if there is any interest before moving forth and seeing about sponsorships.

I
Nov 26, 2007
If you loan me a camera I give you my footage at the end of the season. Is that the deal you're offering?

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
The thought was to do all new footage and see riders who would be willing to participate in the filming. So I guess recruiting. I'm seeing if there is any interest before moving forth and seeing about sponsorships.

So are you going to go head to head with Turnagain Hardcore? Is that what you are thinking?

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
My idea isn't to go against anyone and I'll clear things up Lol.

It would be the plan to meet up with a few riders in an area, then fit them with cams and get footage of them riding that day. Then move to another location as the next weekend and so forth.

I wanted to get a few different segments of riding area in alaksa where there are different riding styles needed.

Like a day of just lower valley riding with some nice carving in deep snow, then one of riding to the summit or some moutains. I know that I want to get some of riding near McKinley outside cantwell.

I'm mostly looking for local riders to hook up with for a few days over the season and grab footage. Then get some help from someone to edit the video and get it to a final cut.

Plans not really to make money off the video but to give everyone a video that has some quality footage and where they can see themselves in it. I will try to mass market it, but being as i've put a video together It might not be the caliber needed.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
So are you going to go head to head with Turnagain Hardcore? Is that what you are thinking?

oh no tim..dont let john, dougy, or robert hear about this..them boys will really be doing some crazy stuff if they think a real camera is pointed at them...:eek:

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
hahaha I wouldn't mind getting footage of some crazy stuff...as long as people don't go chasing each other off a 60ft cliff and the chopper needs to be called to air lift them.

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
I'm getting a GoPro Helmet Hero Wide camera, I should get some pretty cool footage with it this coming season I could give you.

Video taken on the GoPro camera;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z502t3Q950c&feature=related&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEOkH6NF-js&feature=related&fmt=18

The POV 1.5 looks nice and shoots at a higher res but it's spendy.

well if things went down right I would see if I could get VIO's support and get 5 loaner cams for the winter. They usually are pretty helpful in people. Plus I worked for them so I know the marketing guy I'm ganna email him and see if there is anything they'd be willing to do

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
my buddy and I have been trying to do the same thing you are doing, been at it for about 4 years now. we have made a few short films. it takes a lot of footage to get a few mins of good quality video. I would suggest start small with some 1 song videos and work your way up.. Digital cameras are the way to go, faster upload and easier editing. Also having someone that knows what they are doing filming, got one buddy we just let him ride, cant run a camera to save his life. Check out our videos on youtube- c4filmsak-
good luck-

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
I'm sure if you got the sponsorships in line and cameras ready to go plenty of guys would be willing to go ride with them all hooked up. I know I would. Our weekend crew's got a good assortment of sleds and riders...Turbo yamaha(s), BB mods...riders more into boondocking and hillclimbing, and riders more into hucking and rallying...little bit of everything.

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
well I'm not letting the cat out of the bag, but I'm looking to team up with m1ke as he has some ideas and I sat down with him and talked to him about getting the video off the ground. So there will be more to come and I still need to work on getting a job in anchorage and getting a sled lol...

Premium Features