• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled sagging.

B
Dec 2, 2012
I just installed the heavy duty (fatboy) torsion springs on my Dragon 800. When I get on the rear drops down about halfway, and will not spring back up unless I lift it. My clickers are turned to the max setting. My next step I was going to order the SLP clickers that have 4 adjustments instead of the 3 that came from the factory. Do you think I am wasting my money and I could have a rear skid suspension issue?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Hopefully a Mod will move this to the appropriate section and you will get more information to your question.

A shock controls compression and rebound, not sag. Your springs control ride height. NapaMatt's suggestion to make sure your skid is well greased and not binding is a great place to start before you start buying parts and wasting money.

What torsion springs did you install? I've ran a few different springs on my 07 Dragon and found that the .375/47* worked the best for me. I also relocated the rear scissor back 5/8" on the skid and now have the spring pre-load set at the softest setting (and I'm 6'3" 240lbs). I have very little sag and a great riding sled that is very smooth throughout the suspension travel.

7042079-067 Spring, Torsion, LH, STD [.375/47 °]
7042080-067 Spring, Torsion, RH, STD [.375/47 °]

C
Dec 3, 2007
Alberta
Just picked up a 07 RMK Dragon 155.
Is there #'s on the springs to know which ones are in the sled? Or do I need to mic them?
To move the rear arm is there already a hole in the suspension rails or do you need to drill one? Any pics of new location? How does this help the ride?

Sorry to Hijack the thread hope the info helps us both.

6' & 245lbs before gear

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
To find out what springs you currently have you will have to measure it. Diameter (ie .375), then you will need to check the degree angle (could be 47*, 77*, etc)

Curt, from FTX Motorsports is the creator of the 5/8" modification. Here is some quotes from PM's between he and I. "It will stiffen things up a bit more during the first part of the travel (top of stroke) which is why it also helps mellow out the weight transfer a bit." "This takes some leverage away over the spring and gives the spring a little more effect at the first part of the travel." "Its free, easy and can always be changed right back if it doesn't work for you!"

Posts 92 and 96 on this thread explain and show this mod. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/s...d.php?t=165462

Here is a quick installation set of instructions, I don't think I missed anything. No need to pull the skid. Lift the rear of the sled or put it on a lift to allow the suspension to hang. Then lift the torsion springs off of the lower block to release the spring tension and remove the idler wheels to give you more room to work. Then just remove the bolts holding the scissor in place. Measure back 5/8" and drill new holes on each side. Then put the bolts back in the scissor using the new holes, put the torsion springs back on the lower blocks and re-install the idler wheels. This is a 5-10 minute project, free, and can be returned to stock in minutes.

This is the reference picture I used, not my sled.

Relocaterearskidboltback.jpg

Last edited:
C
Dec 3, 2007
Alberta
Thanks for the info. Im only Basic member. Cant go past post #75.
No issues with cracking the rails with 3 holes so close together?

Last edited:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
There is an extra hole in the skid in the picture. The hole furthest back is too far back, you could risk the scissor trying the fold backwards.

P

PoPoFusion

Sep 16, 2012
central michigan
I know this is an old thread, but it looks like real good info.
Also, will this same free mod work on a 121" 06 Fusion with the IQ suspension?

I'm trying to get rid of some sag also.
I have the X-click torsion spring adjusters and will be getting the bigger torsion springs soon. If the scissor relocation mod will work on my 121 I'll do that also.

Thanks in advance!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I know this is an old thread, but it looks like real good info.
Also, will this same free mod work on a 121" 06 Fusion with the IQ suspension?

I'm trying to get rid of some sag also.
I have the X-click torsion spring adjusters and will be getting the bigger torsion springs soon. If the scissor relocation mod will work on my 121 I'll do that also.

Thanks in advance!!

Yes, it works for you too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features