• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLC Snowshow & Dinner

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Yep, went to Gecko's, Sky box was packed!! Was good to meet everyone that was there....

Christopher - Thought about the text tree idea a little more. I think it is a bad idea, and this is why:

1. If this is an avalanche, the last thing you want is people there with an emotional attachment, in a dangerous area, not trained to handle the situation. Also, by time the message goes out, the time for rescue has passed.

2. If it is someone lost, same reasoning applies. You don't want people up looking that don't have training or proper gear.

Seemed like a good idea, but I think rescues need to be left to the trained individuals without any emotional attachment.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
CCpowder- after reading your post and thinking about it......I wholly agree!
I do still think it a very good idea to have at least one person in your group that has a PLB (personal locating beacon) like the SPOT device. This way you can communicate via messaging to a few very close friends that you are indeed ok or may need a little help not requiring S & R.
Then there is always the panic button that will send in the troops right away!

Was great to meet you and the others BTW!:D

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
Corey...sometimes you do make some sense! ;)

Too bad the BYU and Utah games were all on tonight. Seems like everyone went different directions . Hope everyone had a good night.

Go Cougars! :eek: Got can't handle team speed?

Utes...squeeeek! But, a win is a win!

Premium Features