• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slash snowflap

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Chalkwild, you're awesome! Testing went VERY well. I need to get a final date from the fabricators and then I can set up pre-orders. My guess is availability in mid to late January.
Okay. Let me know when I can pre-order one.

Thanks.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
does it actually come off? or does it slide into the tunnel? Reason I ask, is i am wondering why the end of new flap is the same shape as the hard plastic flap on the end of the tunnel plus the hardware thats on the top of the tunnel. If thats the case thats real slick. If thats not the case, removeable is slick too. Only other question would be is where do you store it once your in the deep snow

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
does it actually come off? or does it slide into the tunnel? Reason I ask, is i am wondering why the end of new flap is the same shape as the hard plastic flap on the end of the tunnel plus the hardware thats on the top of the tunnel. If thats the case thats real slick. If thats not the case, removeable is slick too. Only other question would be is where do you store it once your in the deep snow
Ya got a keen eye! Here ya go. Trying to get kits for you all asap.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
☝️ now that is pretty slick, nice!

...now, if I guy chopped his slash fender, do you have a shorty version in the works? jk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
It's hard to tell without a side view, but it doesn't look like it hangs down enough to deflect snow into the track.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
It's hard to tell without a side view, but it doesn't look like it hangs down enough to deflect snow into the track.
Scroll back up to post #21 to see a side view. With rider weight on the sled, it hangs down enough. You can also bend the plastic flap down further without issue, if you want, but we're seeing a decent drop in temps as is.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Scroll back up to post #21 to see a side view. With rider weight on the sled, it hangs down enough. You can also bend the plastic flap down further without issue, if you want, but we're seeing a decent drop in temps as is.

Got it -thanks for that!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Ice Storm (rail mounted) scratchers keep mine nice and cool on the trail. Those buggers put a serious amount of snow/ice into the track.
I would try some ski mounted ice storm scratchers (with a quick disconnect) as well if just the rail mounted ones did not do the trick.

This is a Great idea though!!

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Ice Storm (rail mounted) scratchers keep mine nice and cool on the trail. Those buggers put a serious amount of snow/ice into the track.
I would try some ski mounted ice storm scratchers (with a quick disconnect) as well if just the rail mounted ones did not do the trick.

This is a
Any update on when they will be available and cost? Also wondering if the slide mechanism in the tunnel will get filled with snow when the flap is extended to the point it won’t push all the way back inside?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Any update on when they will be available and cost? Also wondering if the slide mechanism in the tunnel will get filled with snow when the flap is extended to the point it won’t push all the way back inside?
Parts are getting made and I should have kits ready by late January. Here's a sneak peek of the components. I don't have pricing complete yet, but I think it'll be somewhere in the $100-$135 range. Hoping to set up pre-orders soon, but been sidetracked with other stuff. No issues with snow buildup because of how it's designed.
c0ae9501240bad34a3509fbcb2ee7112.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020

This is a Great idea though!!
How are the ice storms holding up? Some family rides are brutal on the slash? My ibexx just don’t cut it when its super hard and relatively slow going.

• Wow
Reactions: Terje n

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
How are the ice storms holding up? Some family rides are brutal on the slash? My ibexx just don’t cut it when its super hard and relatively slow going.
They are doing great! I have no complaints at all. Pretty packed out trail on Monday, and was at 125 to 135 degrees on the trail. Not too bad.

If the "rail mounted" version doesn't cut it, there is also a "ski mounted" version of the Ice Storms, that one could add for a little more cooling. The downside is they stick out a bit on the inside of the ski, and can be damaged if you do any tree/brush banging :) (not that i ever do that).

Been toying with the idea of making the ski mounted ones into an easy on/off version that a person could just clamp on for those super icy trail days, then take off easily once getting up to the good stuff, but have not come up with a solution . . . yet.

Cheers!

Premium Features