• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Helium Hood for Matryx?

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
So skinz is out of business, but what happened with their hoods that were recently advertised for sale? I cannot imagine NOT having skinz hood on my sled (absolutely best storage). I just ordered a 9R for next year and I want skinz hood please :)) Btw what happened with this company? I heard somewhere they got bought out?

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
ok so the hoods are not available to purchase anymore, because I suppose all pieces that were manufactured are already sold out, right?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Maybe start with Adams/Next Level - they pushed lots of Skinz stuff, and may know who, or acquired tooling, IP rights themselves. They'll help, if they can.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
ok I sent some emails, but I suppose that all stock is sold out

This guy might know who has some.

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa

This guy might know who has some.
I only got a few of the master copies and the matryx was not there. In fact, there was very little matryx stuff in the buildings that I saw. I don't know if they moved it all before or had it all shipped. I'd guess the former.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
These hoods were hard to get when they WERE in business, skinz was brutal. Wanted a red hood 3 yrs ago and all they could say was try again at some point. Gave up after a year.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They aren't or weren't that hard to get. I was going to put one on my boost and next level had one but decided it was such a crappy snow year that i was done spending money on sleds. 8 pounds isn't going to change how it rides and I'm over the no headlight days. The axys hoods were awesome. The matryx storage is way less. Also how much storage do you need? Take 8 pounds off and pack 10 pounds of stuff and no headlight

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
They aren't or weren't that hard to get. I was going to put one on my boost and next level had one but decided it was such a crappy snow year that i was done spending money on sleds. 8 pounds isn't going to change how it rides and I'm over the no headlight days. The axys hoods were awesome. The matryx storage is way less. Also how much storage do you need? Take 8 pounds off and pack 10 pounds of stuff and no headlight
Debbie downer. Terry PM me and I can get you a hood this week...

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is anyone making a carbon hood for the matryx? I love the 4werx one on my axys. I dont have any need for storage.

Premium Features