• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SkiDoo Turbo 1200 Pictures

Did you guys start with a 120 or a 137" I see you went to extrusion cooling..not a bad idea considering the coolers look pretty small on these. Rage 4 is a good choice, bulletproof clutch. What airbox are you using in there? That's definately not the stocker, looks like you used a box off of something else?
Very nice packaging...clean install :)

D.....What have you gone and done now??????? You already own 20 sleds. Anyways call me when you get her home so can come and drool all over it !!!!!!!

The location of the air intercooler between the turbo and the air intake is interesting. The air intake acts like a giant vacuum cleaner under the hood. In deep snow every vent and hole in the front of the sled is plugged with snow, so where is the air going to come from. The hot air under the hood surrounding the red hot turbo can go through the intercooler fins before it gets to the air intake. Maybe this is to cool the intake air?

But I thought the idea of an intercooler was to cool the air inside the intercooler rather than the air outside the intercooler before going into the intake? Why not get some out side air for the motor like the stock sled used to have. Motors need outside air, not the stuff under the hood.

Just curious Dave have you switched to a Turbo smart boost controller almost everyone of those controllers I see in the pic guys have had to take off on the Nytro because they could not get them to work right all the time.

Just curious looks good though.

We haven't had any problems with the turbo smart controller. We have a ton in stock so there better not be any problems. Nice build. How many man hrs do you have in the build? Cool mod on the stock air plentum. Have you split any plentums? At what boost?

Question on intercoolers

Has anyone tried putting one under the seat on the top of the tunnel to see if the snow would cool the air enough? I realize this Would require an altogether different cooler but seems like a better location. Or just for giggles try the front curved heat exchanger just to see if a person is on the right track. The doo turbo,s are nice looking sleds!!

I gots a rookie question: why not use a variable vane turbo on a 4 stroke turbo application? We only see waste gate turbos for the big 4 strokers while the VV turbos appear on the 2 stroke set-ups all the time. Is there a reason for this?

I gots a rookie question: why not use a variable vane turbo on a 4 stroke turbo application? We only see waste gate turbos for the big 4 strokers while the VV turbos appear on the 2 stroke set-ups all the time. Is there a reason for this?
My guess would be that a 4 stroke can pressure the system way faster than a 2 stroke so a vv turbo would be little to no advantage. The vv turbos are more money and more prone to failure also. The 2 stroke turbos take forever to spool up in comparison to a 4 stroke, so i can see trying a vv on a 2 stroke making a difference.

SkiDoo Turbo 1200

Hp on the turbo Doo is about 280 -300 at 13 psi boost.
We haven't been to Dyno yet but always running against our Nytro turbo's which have been on dyno a fair bit.
This Turbo makes great power because of how engine is setup.
Remember that stock manifold is very poor for performance.
Just a header and better muffler will wake this sled up.
Yamaha sleds have headers and once we put header on the Doo and turbo on a Big bore motor running lower RPM's it will have better effecency.
It really only was running 13 psi boost at Revy BIS and went up monster chute with only 10 psi boost.
We are taking names of guys that want a Turbo kit right away and doing some installs untill we have more time on these kits.
It will be a while untill we send out kits for customers to install themselves.
Sled is lighter then Nytro but has a lot bigger motor with tractor like conrods and bottom end.
www.powderlites.com

Hp on the turbo Doo is about 280 -300 at 13 psi boost.
We haven't been to Dyno yet but always running against our Nytro turbo's which have been on dyno a fair bit.
This Turbo makes great power because of how engine is setup.
Remember that stock manifold is very poor for performance.
Just a header and better muffler will wake this sled up.
Yamaha sleds have headers and once we put header on the Doo and turbo on a Big bore motor running lower RPM's it will have better effecency.
It really only was running 13 psi boost at Revy BIS and went up monster chute with only 10 psi boost.
We are taking names of guys that want a Turbo kit right away and doing some installs untill we have more time on these kits.
It will be a while untill we send out kits for customers to install themselves.
Sled is lighter then Nytro but has a lot bigger motor with tractor like conrods and bottom end.
www.powderlites.com

are you running the stock header?

Premium Features

Back