• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SkiDoo Turbo 1200 Pictures

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
We use the variable vane aerocharger in our kit and it works very well. There is no more problems with these turbos than any other. Most people just think that garett is the only turbo to use. But with a vv turbo you have more consistant power from bottom to top and it is alot more controlable power than just a wastegate. now i am not saying that a automotive has no control, or that they are junk but there is a little more dialing involved.

The stock header works fine until you get over 15 psi. You have to be careful that the header is built right or it will actually cost you some power. people spend tons on time in header design and thats when hp is made. Trial and error. Test,test,test

I would say that powderlites hp quotes are right on. These motors are made for boost and will hold up very well. we have seen this already with out a ton of hp parts. yes is there more hp sure. But 300 hp is more horse power than 80% of sledders have ever rode.

Yes there has been in tunnel coolers and water to air coolers but your normal everyday guy cannot install these products. so we live by the "kiss" rule (keep it simple stupid)

My 1200 is 513 pounds with antifreeze no fuel.
Call us for a cost because there is still alot of addon that you can do to this kit.

Keep smilin' :)
Brycter

Reactions: Ridin Ak
We use the variable vane aerocharger in our kit and it works very well. There is no more problems with these turbos than any other. Most people just think that garett is the only turbo to use. But with a vv turbo you have more consistant power from bottom to top and it is alot more controlable power than just a wastegate. now i am not saying that a automotive has no control, or that they are junk but there is a little more dialing involved.

The stock header works fine until you get over 15 psi. You have to be careful that the header is built right or it will actually cost you some power. people spend tons on time in header design and thats when hp is made. Trial and error. Test,test,test

I would say that powderlites hp quotes are right on. These motors are made for boost and will hold up very well. we have seen this already with out a ton of hp parts. yes is there more hp sure. But 300 hp is more horse power than 80% of sledders have ever rode.

Yes there has been in tunnel coolers and water to air coolers but your normal everyday guy cannot install these products. so we live by the "kiss" rule (keep it simple stupid)

My 1200 is 513 pounds with antifreeze no fuel.
Call us for a cost because there is still alot of addon that you can do to this kit.

Keep smilin' :)
Brycter

WELL GUYS HE MAY HAVE JUST ANSWERED ALOT OF TURBO QUESTIONS!! KISS my friends! keep it simple stupid, so many post on the shenanigans of turbo, if companys are thinking like this anyone will be able to run a turbo :face-icon-small-win please keep up on the good work, there are people just waiting for an for this type of install!

sounds good, looks good, just need prices and what will be included and or needed in all these kits so people can start comparing, shopping, and placing orders. pretty tough to put money down when you don't know the details of the kit and the difference in the stages (1 to 2 or 3). i know i could call and ask, but i would perfer to read it first, rather than bug the business owners that are busy trying to get these to market. let me read it, and then call with more intelligent questions, rather than hasseling them with, does it come with a/f, boost gauge, boost controller, will it run on pump ( oct?), what kind of lag is there (if any), what about clutching, etc. and of course some MORE VIDEOS wouldnt hurt!:D

very interested, have been since november. just need more specific info on the different kits.

later, Proline

P
Jan 2, 2008
I agree Decals, lets talk $$. I'm sure you are not the only one chomping at the bit to see what it's all going to come down to. I can't wait too see what doo brings out next year on the summit model. they had the proto's running already but backed out of production at the last minute.

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
SkiDoo 1200 Turbo kit Powder Lites

Powder Lites has been working on SkiDoo turbo kit for the torque monster 1200cc 3 cylinder Rotax motor.
We wanted to bring out a turbo kit for the Skidoo that will be doing the monster chutes and drag racing all with same reliability as the guy who just trail rides with his buddies every weekend.
We are using a Garrett GT2860RS Turbo that is designed for a 250HP to 360HP on this kit. Water-cooled and ball bearings for fast spooling.
SkiDoo 1200 turbo kit comes with a very well place and designed Intercooler that can handle 400 HP.
Blowoff valve in bottom tank so air is dump off before going through intercooler for better cooling.
Stainless Header and turbo outlet pipe with ceramic coating.
Exhaust turbo housing is ported and ceramic coated.
Turbo exhaust outlet pipe is double divorced for more efficiency which means more HP and torque with less boost.
Hindle stainless/aluminum muffler is lightweight and quiet.
As with all our turbo kits you get AEM air/fuel gauge, bracket and boost gauge.
How does this SkiDoo stack up against the Yamaha turbo Apex’s and FX Nytro’s? Very well!
Smooth power and high torque. Monster chute in Revelstoke, BC Canada was easy at only 10 PSI boost.
Boost for boost against Yamaha turbo sleds this torque monster smokes them!
The 91mm pistons pushing down on the heavy built bottom end with cracked connecting rods that are built for very big power make the knees shake and wobble on the Yamaha guys!
Turbo kit will come with Rapid Bike 3 for EFI control and Ignition timing control for max HP and torque.
EFI control with timing makes great throttle response and safer HP with higher boost levels.
We take pride in our products and it shows when you ride with a POWDER LITES Turbo kit on your sled.

April Fools Early season summer sandbox pricing!
April1/09 to July 31/2009 $6645. Canadian funds. Must have shipping date before Nov.30/09 Regular Retail $6995. $500 Deposit is refundable
Currency Converter $ http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=curc
Phone 250-836-4422/250-804-6952
Emailpowder.1@telus.net
www.powderlites.com

A
Nov 21, 2008
1200 rev in action

heres some pics from big iron the 1200 turbo at the top of monster

2639_65208349982_736029982_1566452_925923_n.jpg

2639_65208354982_736029982_1566453_1915767_n.jpg

2639_65208359982_736029982_1566454_6480453_n.jpg

2639_58243879982_736029982_1542940_4733447_n.jpg

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
What about the TRA clutch, can it handle the turbo power, or do you need to upgrade it. I see they have a different one on there.

Clutch they are using there is a Supreme Tool Rage IV. Fairly popular on Dootalk as well with guys who are runing a different brand of kit. Few other guys are using a Micro Belmont primary too which is apparently pretty bulletproof.

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
Heres another one

Have to say thanks to Powderlites. The install is awesome and these guys are great to work with. Heres a couple pics.

stampedeandrevy034.jpg

stampedeandrevy036.jpg

Reactions: diamonddave
Premium Features