• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo - Team Tied clutching help!

Hey clutch gurus, wondering if you might have some insight for me, and some help with some clutching questions, and possible direction on what I should purchase to get more power to the snow on my sled.

2014 Ski Doo Freeride 800 154.
I'm in Utah, parking lots are at 6k, ride mostly from 8-10k elevation. Sled has no motor mods, only HPS can to shed weight/make room for muffpot....

Purchased used w/ 300 miles on it. Team Tied secondary was installed on sled, team has rapid reaction twin trax helix, 59-STRT-ER / 57-STRT-ER and 960035 markings on it. Team has black spring w/white markings on it? Is it this? Team Secondary Spring, 160-260, Black / White ?

Primary has 441 ramps, I run no pin weight to get the sled to run clicker 3. It had pin weight in it, but if my shandy memory recalls correctly i was running at clicker 5-6 most of the time to get the RPMS high enough. so I pulled the small weights in the pins and now she is at 3 ish most of the time.

Primary spring is black with a bit of a copper brown hue, has markings 414 949 500 PL / PK on it.

Gearing is 49 / 19 with a chain that is 104 links.

My question is, I'm not overly impressed with the sleds power and track speed when under full load. I'm not a high marker, but ask alot of the sled when in tight trees on steep slopes. I'm seeing track speeds in the high 30's, (36-38 mph) on full load. I feel like I should be getting more????

anyone point me on what route to go to get this thing running propper???

What are you seeing for clutch heat, comparing drive to driven? Which helix angle have you tried / ridden with?

Premium Features

Back