• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sick Day Adventures -- Review -- Tog/Alpine

skunk75

Premium Member
We just got back from spending 3 days in the Togwotee / Crooked Creek area. Our first two days were spent at the Line Shack and rode the union pass / CD area. We had a good time, great lodge and food. The snow was OK but we really didn't know where we were going.

For our 3rd day we decided to try out Sick Day Adventures for a guide service. We knew of Rob Hoff from various films and by his reputation in the sled industry.

We facebooked Rob and were lucky enough to get him for our last day of riding. He met us at the summit of Togwotee Pass and was very personable and laid back. He had wrecked his sled the previous day and so he was on a demo XM 146. (More on this later).

Rob started our trip by checking all beacons and avy gear. He made sure we all new how to operate our equipment and that we checked to make sure his worked too.

We told him we were looking for some challenging terrain and a place to teach my 18yr old son. I basically said we are two fat guys and a rookie who would like some tree riding, creek bottom areas to practice side hilling and a few climbs. We spent the next 6 hours in the exact terrain we were looking for.

The snow at Togwotee pass was very good for not having a fresh storm. We rode the trail out for 5 miles to his first "zone", we ducked off the trail and spent the rest of the day in fresh untracked snow.

Rob was an excellent teacher and worked tirelessly helping us get unstuck. He would give tips and tricks anytime we were stopped and challenged us to keep working.

Rob is without a doubt the best rider I have ever seen. The man fly's through every line like a man possessed. He did things on the 146" sled that I didn't think were possible. While we were cutting slow speed side-hills he was doing powder turns on the same vert face (safe terrain). His energy is second to none. He rode harder as the day got longer.

Throughout the day we questioned Rob like giddy kids talking to their favorite pro football player. He was always gracious and had ZERO ego. He spent the whole day making us feel great and taught us many lessons.

Rob has stayed in contact with us since our trip and has inspired us to get into shape and to live life outside of work.

I would highly recommend Sick Day Adventures to anyone in the Togwotee or Alpine area. Rob also has a smokin deal on a cabin that sleeps 10 people in Alpine. $225/night for up to 10 people.

Rob works with Geoff Kyle and Rob Alford in BC as well.

Sick Day Adventures

Rob Hoff

Alpine Cabin Rental

Geoff Kyle's Freeride Camp

Rob is the perfect guide for the rookie mountain rider all the way up to the expert crazy man.

Thank you for the kind words Jason! We had a great day and I look forward to many more to come! Have a great weekend bud!

Premium Features

Back