• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I change my clutch weight

W
I'm a newbie to snowmobiling and have a new 2013 Arctic Cat XF1100 Turbo So-Pro High Country Limited. I've been riding is some fields in ND, on the little snow we've had. My knowledge of the machines is low, but am learning alot fro this forum and was informed that if I was going to ride in the mountains I needed to change the clutch weights fo higher elevations. 1. I dont know what the stock weight is. 2. Is there a chart the tells u the proper weight for the elevation u will be riding in. Any help will be appreciated. Going to Cooke City in January. Should be fun but don't want to tear the sled up.

Last edited:

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
Your turbo will automatically compensate for altitude. Same horsepower at all elevations. So you dont have to change weights.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Someone will probably chime in that you should change the clutch weights to account for the time that the engine doesn't have boost, but I wouldn't worry about it. I rode mine out west over many days and didn't have a problem.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The best thing to do is just watch our rpms when you ride. If its over reving and hitting he rev limiter or under reving you will want to change weights. Ideal rpm range at wide open throttle is about 7,800-8,000 rpm. You should be fine with what you have. If you want more power then let me know and we can help you with that, then you will need new weights. these sleds can make really awesome power with just a few upgrades.

Premium Features