• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shock upgrade 09 RMK

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
First I did a search and really didnt get a feel for what I wanted so here goes.

I have a 09 RMK with Ryde FX shocks I am upgrading this year not sure which way to go.

I dont ride trails really at all maybe couple miles per ride we start boondocking as soon as we can so that is important also.

I really like to drop in and jump stuff...so I need something fairly strong...or do I can tell you I will never jump or drop more the 20' so maybe the air shocks are good enough.

Just not sure if I should go Fox zero pros, z broz or floats.

Ryde has some Air 2.0 but I havent read anything on them yet.

What do you think I should do for my riding style.

M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I know this doesn't help you but I had my 2008's(walker evans) sent to Curt at fastrax and he put in new pistons and such and it made a world of difference and compared to price of new different shocks it was well worth the money. I am trying to sell my WE's to upgrade to zbroz setup, mostly just to get rid of the sway bar. Curt is very knowledgable and you should chat with him to get some idea's.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Lots of good info here

I have been following that thread but its very techical and I didnt think it talked much about which shock was better for say dropping off a 25' cornice. I got that there are alot of top performers out there from $550 to $1500, but I am also looking at a matched set for my skid. I guess I didn't make that clear in the post.

My complaint with my shocks now are they just dont have the rebound and weight my old fox floats did on the M7. Which is comparing apples to oranges.

Like I posted earlier I am not a pro so I dont need the evol x fro the bling factor I want something I will use in its optimum range.

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I've been known to launch my sled pretty good, and I'm not a small guy (6'1" 260) IMO if your not doing something competitively or droping huge, a set of Float 2's or something along those lines is fine. I run the Float 2's and have only bottomed them one time after I got the right pressure in them and that was a flat landing from about 10 ft straight down, dropped off a ledge to the flat, Plus they still ride great everywhere else. Probably the lightest option besides the Walker Airs, but unlike the walker air's they are easily adjustable.

Now if you want to step up from there with more adjustability I would go with EXIT X0's or Evol R's.

I highly doubt you or 90% of riders out there will fully utilize X1's, Evol X's or any similarly equipped shock.

Avi8tormd

Premium Member
May 31, 2008
BOISE, IDAHO
I put a set of rear Fox Zero pros w/ clicker and remote reservoir for sale in the suspension for sale forum. They are off of my 08 D8.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i have the air 2.0s on the from of my 09 rmk and i love them sence they are filled with nitrogen un like the floats they dont change pressure with temp or altitude. i had a pair of floats 3 years ago and had a seal go bad and left me with the left side of my sled sagin so my day way over quick and thats when i went to a different shock

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
I went with Walker Evan Needles all around.

I bought Walker Evans needles valved by TriCity all teh way around ski's and skid.

Hope it was worth it. $1400:rolleyes:

Premium Features