• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shock Re-valving

P

papa bear

So what is a ball-park cost for Re-valving the rear shocks for higher weight? Should the front shocks be re-valved as well?

revalve

For X package shocks about 1 hour labor per shock plus fluid. The valve shims are about $2.50 ea.

You riding this weekend?

revalving cost vary widely.
I and most shock specific shops charge 150-195 depending on model of shock.
rezzy only shocks ( with no clickers ) are the cheap ones'.

Clicker type or racing type shocks are more costly as they take much more time to bleed correctly.

Correct bleeding involves not just bubbles, but DEGASSING the oil After the visual air is bled out.

oil changes are 75 $
One day turnaround.

Gus
BSP

For X package shocks about 1 hour labor per shock plus fluid. The valve shims are about $2.50 ea.

You riding this weekend?

Trick is to find somebody that has experience in picking the right shims for a specific wt.

Hope to go to MtBaker this weekend

revalving for rider preference and conditions is one thing.
Using the stack to do the springs job is wrong.

It takes both on the XP's period, or its gonna suck somewhere in the ride.

the revs can be USUALLY just revalved.

Gus

revalving for rider preference and conditions is one thing.
Using the stack to do the springs job is wrong.

It takes both on the XP's period, or its gonna suck somewhere in the ride.

the revs can be USUALLY just revalved.

Gus

understood

On the RT I changed the (too) soft stock torsion springs to a much more firm pair 503191026/503191024 . I run these on the softest setting.

The stock, non-adjustable shocks were junk, I bought some HPGs that had been revalved for ~280lbs.....much much better. I still bottom out the center shock/spring on the trails up/down from the mountain. I suppose I could tighten up the center spring.

On the '05 600GadeX a few weeks ago, I replaced the torsion springs to 503189992/503189994. Again, noticed big improvements. I have to get the shocks done yet. I was wondering how much $ I was going to be looking at. You gave me some ball park figures...thankyou.

Now, if I consider buying a new Summit X 163, the first two things I will do right away is replace the torsion springs with a stiffer pair and get the shocks re-valved. Apparently the part numbers for the torsion springs have changed from the numbers I have available in the 2005 and 2006 race books.

Premium Features

Back