• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shipping my sled from WI

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
I have been looking into it and think I got it figured out. I was going to ship my sled to Seattle then have Linden pick it up and bring it here.

However does anyone in Anchorage have a fork lift, or could I have linden off load at thier site onto a trailer?

It would be coming on a 48x60 pallet

Yeah dude. I work for Lynden. We can do whatever you need to move your sled. Transportation is kind of our thing.

sweet...okay I am going to look into it. I'll call them now to find out how much it would be to get from Seattle here

Lynden got our sleds up here from PA. They did a great job and are good people to do business with.

Lyden needs a weight for a quote they won't do it off pallet size. So I basically have to crate my sled and weigh it. However I really have no options for buying one here and selling mine back home. I tried to get financed for giggles and since I just started a new job, moved to alaska and have 40k in student loans I'm demed over extended with limited emplyement history.

I had a nibbler on my sled for 2000 but I'm having sellers remorse getting rid of my sled I bought when I was 15 and have put 5k miles on and a crap ton making it my own.

I talk to ak awd and I may bring it up still and continue to customize it or just have to save a bit and get something around the 4k mark.

Pacific alaska quoted me 956 from 53121 to anchorage. However if I can get it to fife Washington it would only be 410. Anyone know a good lower 48 shipper?

Pacific alaska quoted me 956 from 53121 to anchorage. However if I can get it to fife Washington it would only be 410. Anyone know a good lower 48 shipper?

I work in the freight world and have used a bunch of different carriers to get sometimes rather large items up here. In the last few weeks, believe it or not FedEx Freight has beating the other freight carriers like Roadway and Lynden by thousands of dollars. FedEx's is also a 10 day service unlike waiting 3-4 weeks to get normal truck freight here.

I decided to give them (FedEx) another shot on handling some of our truck freight shipments. Our first shipment left yesterday so I cannot say if the 10 day time frame is accurate or not.

But it might be worth a try to get a quote.

My other thought would be if someone is running to the lower 48 with a truck or trailer and had spare room making arrangements with them to get it to ak? But i'll check out fed ex.

I work in the freight world and have used a bunch of different carriers to get sometimes rather large items up here. In the last few weeks, believe it or not FedEx Freight has beating the other freight carriers like Roadway and Lynden by thousands of dollars. FedEx's is also a 10 day service unlike waiting 3-4 weeks to get normal truck freight here.

I decided to give them (FedEx) another shot on handling some of our truck freight shipments. Our first shipment left yesterday so I cannot say if the 10 day time frame is accurate or not.

But it might be worth a try to get a quote.

Has anybody ever shipped a 2-place snowmachine trailer up from the lower 48?

I've been considering buying a new/used one in MN/WI or WA state and having it shipped up.

Any suggestions on the best option would be appreciated.

akrevrider

Last edited:
I have a 2 place at my place in wisconsin. load my sled on it drive it up and you can have the trailer!

Edited: Someone gave me bad info, Southern Alaska Forwarders only goes to Kodiak. I just bought new tires from NC and I'm having them sent to Lynden's hub in Fife, WA. This was the cheapest option for me. For 300 lbs I was quoted $102 from WA to Anchorage. I've had a few things shipped up by Lynden and always had good service.

Last edited:
I'm still debating having my Edge shipped up here. I can't give the damn thing away so I might as well keep riding it.

Edited: Someone gave me bad info, Southern Alaska Forwarders only goes to Kodiak. I just bought new tires from NC and I'm having them sent to Lynden's hub in Fife, WA. This was the cheapest option for me. For 300 lbs I was quoted $102 from WA to Anchorage. I've had a few things shipped up by Lynden and always had good service.

Thanks for the info, im having a roll cage built for my car in the states and being sent up, shipping was my only dilemam problem solved

Premium Features

Back