• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Scratchers? What type is your favorite?

F
I've always run the "coat hanger" type scratchers in the past.

I'll be installing some scratchers on my 14 XF7000ltd this season.

001%20XF7000_zpsvkcf2fun.jpg

I can't decide whether to stick with the "coat hanger" style. Or go with the Dura Flex cable type.

What type do you prefer?

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I've ran the cable scratchers in the past and ended up going back to the "coat hanger" type. I couldn't get the cables to stay put once they were adjusted down enough to kick up snow, and while it was nice to drop 'em and forget about them...I forgot about them too much and kept getting hung up on my loading ramp. When they broke my old scratchers went back on.

Rockpicker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Miller, SD
Do Not Use Duraflex!!!

I have several sets of the Slidekicks scratchers with the plastic coating on the cable and have been satisfied with them. The Duraflex do not have the coated cable so they get moisture in the braid of the cable then they freeze in the up position and do nothing for you.

D
I would go with cable style ones. They are much better and usually have replaced tips when you wear them out. Also you can back up with them down and down have to worry about breaking or bending them.

Premium Features