• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Scams getting better?

N
Mar 25, 2005
OK as not to hijack the other thread about getting an economy car, I will start one.

quick rundown...I have been looking for a small car to go back and forth to work in.....I saw a Used Toyota Camry on craigslist for a way too low price, but the strange part that caught my eye was the guy who posted the add says Please"do not Flag, I know this a low price but Militatry move forces sale!" and since I live near a air base I replied and all I said was whats your phone number?

Here is his reply:

Hello and sorry for my delay,
The 2002 Toyota Camry XLE 4 CYL is in perfect working condition.This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line.The car has only 16,495 original miles.VIN Number: 4T1BE32K02U038622.
It was never involved in any accident, not even minor ones. The body and paint are great. The interior is super clean, mechanically, it runs like a cat on carpet.
Options
CD Player Leather Seats Sunroof
Driver Airbag Passenger Airbag Anti-Lock Brakes
Air Conditioning Cruise Control Power Locks
Power Seats Power Windows
PICS: http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/02camryxle/
So if you decide on buying the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. I signed up for US military forces and I was sent here with my department to improve the military relations between our country and Scotland . I am located in Edinburgh, Scotland.1 months ago, my wife moved here, with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States, because we can't drive it here because we can't register it here; it has US specs and everything, and registering it here in Europe will take for ever. My final price on it is US 2,900 $. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping .It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place.From the moment the payment is secured by eBay the shipping process will begin and it will arrive at your address in about 3 max. 4 working days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Thank you and have a great day,
Frank Martin

Sounds very Fishy but this reply took a little more effort and is almost buyable? but what is the deal with only using e-bay? Opinions? I am sure it's a scam but they are sure getting better with the sales pitch!

Any of you car sales guys on here want to play with Vin# have fun

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
Sorry, but I wouldn't even think about buying something that's not even in the country. Way too many variables. He could just be a scammer that figured out using broken engrish is not the way to build confidence.

Keep looking.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
They send you to a fake ebay site and get your information and your money.

Then they go bye bye..........

Do not do this

T
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, BC
www.cap-it.com
I can't believe how many scammers there are on Craigslist and Kijiji. It's amazing.

I sent one this email after wrangling around with his crappy story. He sent me a form to fill out that would allow me to have the store at kijiji release the motorcycle to me. It was about a 3500 dollar bike listed for 1000 dollars. I don't know how bad the snowest bots will edit it but I was pretty mad.

"I've gone ahead and completed the form for you so we can proceed with the transaction:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

> First name: GO
> Last name:****
> Address:YOURSELF
> City:YOU
> State:THIEVING
> Zip:COCK
> Country:SUCKER

If you're going to try and rip someone off, learn the ****ing language you idiot. Hi is spealt "H" "I". Not "Y". And you seem to have skipped certain words in the english language that complete the sentence so the poor ******* that you're trying to steal from understands you. Get a ****ing job you spineless **********. I've emailed Kijiji and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commercial Crimes unit and Interpol . Where did you get the name (EDITTED) Thomas? Did you see it on TV? What's your real name??? Ikimaubu Obinna??? The price that you're asking for the bike that you are using to rip people off is priced too low. It's a dead giveaway that you are a con artist. So in closing, learn the language, do your research on fair market value of products for sale and **** OFF AND DIE!! You're a chicken **** hiding behind a computer screen. I hope someone finds you and shoots you in the head. Kijiji isn't a company that holds products for sale for people. It's just a listing service where legitimate people and crooks like you try to sell their stuff. You have to be smarter than the people that you are stealing from in order to get them to give you their money. You've shown me that you are not smart enough."

Unfortunately he stopped replying to my email

Premium Features