• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rotational slop on secondary

ullose272

Premium Member
my team tss-98 clutch has some rotational slop on the shaft, at first i thought it was chaincase slop but after looking it is shaft/clutch, it moves about 3/4 in(on the outer edge of the clutch not down on the shaft)

that normal?

No that is not normal. It should be tight. Are you sure the shaft is not turning? If not, do you have the correct key in the keyway between the shaft and the clutch? That would be the first thing to look at if the shaft indeed is not rotating with the clutch.

there is a key but how do u know if it s the correct. now that i know this is the secondary supposed to "float" on the shaft? there is about 1/4 in movement in and out on the shaft

well i may have exaggerated, now that i actually went and measured it seems that it only has about 1/8" rot. slop and about 1/8 float slop. after reading should i look to have more float slop?

sounds like the keyway in the clutch is worn or the key is bad (very unlikely). Take it off and look at the key. Take the key and slide it into the clutch and see if you can see where the slop is. The key should be perfectly square

Chris

Just did this on mine and it does the same thing, key is fine no signs of wear...does the same thing on my wife's 700.

well i may have exaggerated, now that i actually went and measured it seems that it only has about 1/8" rot. slop and about 1/8 float slop. after reading should i look to have more float slop?

That is more like normal. An inch like you first mentioned would be bad. 1/8" float side to side is about right if your alignment is correct. You should be good to go.

Premium Features

Back