• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rktech drop in kit burnout

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
just installed my third set of pistons in 400 miles. can't trust it anymore.
4 sale 04 800 rev 159

I must say, you are one heck of a salesman!! Tough to resist that sort of temptation!

What were the failures? What did you change after each problem to prevent future problems?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I must say, you are one heck of a salesman!! Tough to resist that sort of temptation!

What were the failures? What did you change after each problem to prevent future problems?

Agreed, WB
Markmoto parts just don't fail, there is a chain of events that lead to a failure, it could be something as simple as a crank seal that is shot. The piston and cyl will tell you the entire story, you just have to know how to understand what they are telling you. Do you have a 4 corner scuff, melted piston crown, hole in the piston?
Post your piston pics man! If you want help.

T
Nov 28, 2007
seymour b.c
what compression ratio are you running and at what alltitudes are you having the burndowns. if you burndown u should try to figure out why,not just put in new pistons and hope for the best. i personally wouldnt run anything higher than 13/1 on premium pump gas below 6000'. If you are serious about selling ill give you 1000 cnadian and take that sled off your hands with the blown up motor. pm me if u want to get rid of it.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
just installed my third set of pistons in 400 miles. can't trust it anymore.
4 sale 04 800 rev 159

How much $$ I been looking along time for a sled that the owner cant trust,This is the first one I come across!

Premium Features