• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding this weekend? I'm out of Truckee...

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I would urge you to hold off riding this weekend. There are at least 3 storms coming in right now. And when they dump snow it can be in feet per hour between now and Monday.

They predict 10 feet plus above 5500 feet with snow to 3000 feet.

Between the storms they expect the winds above 5500 feet to be above 70MPH with gusts over 120MPH.

I would go to www.CNSA.net and meet up with some local clubs.

Welcome to the Pineapple Express ! (slang for Hawaii moisture meets the artic cold Jet Stream )

Jet stream was measured at over 240 MPH ! Suppose to be the strongest storm since 1969 !

Good advice on holding off until these storms pass! Don't want to hear about you on the news.... I live in Colorado and we have been glued to the weather channel watching the updates on these storms. Amazing! You are just getting pounded with that wet, heavy stuff. Bye time it reaches us, all the moisture content is gone and it's nothing but fluff!
I have a friend that lives in Truckee. Her name is Jamie Burge. She is a pro skier. I keep meaning to look her up to see if I can come out and ride Cali. sometime. Never been but would love to check it out. If any of you get a chance to get out and ride after the storms, shoot me some pic's so I can share them with the Colorado crew. I would love to see what comes of all this. Be safe.
~JJ

M
Dec 5, 2007
Cordelia, Ca
Little trucke summit is noth of trucke on 89 I think it is 20 miles from truckee IT is a great place. You can link alot of different areas from there if you have the fuel. Bassetts is another area to start from to ride gold lakes area or ride back south into weber lake area. From LTS you can ride to bassetts get fuel if needed and ride gold lake also. Poeple call little truckee summit "LTS" on line. Get a map all these areas are conneted.

Premium Features