• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding Stateline 2012-13....

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Is anyone going into Crooked, Surveyor or HooDoo?

I've talked to a few people around here who are associated with the lawsuit and they are not certain that we CAN'T ride the Idaho side at this point right now.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
The forest circus hasn't released the new maps yet. Until they do we can legally ride it...from what I understand. Surveyor was really good on sunday. They need more snow, but what's there is great. Does anyone have the flight schedule for the area? It would be great to know when they are gonna fly it. It would be completely confidential.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Good update. Thanks Jesse.

The flight schedule is what we need. For sure.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
Last year I was told who was contracted to fly. I can't recall who it was but I know who told me so I'll ask again to get an update.

As for riding I'm with relentless - ride it like it's yours!!!!

We've found good snow on the Williams Lk side. Once your back to the lake and past it's been great riding.

The worst snow we've rode so far was in Maxville. Unloaded at 4500' (10"), rode to 9000' (18"), and found the best snow in the middle around 6000'-7000' (3'-4'). I was knocked off the sled twice hitting a rock once and a log the other time. No broken parts though so sometimes we get lucky.

Frog Pond (Georgetown Lk side and back towards the chain of Lakes) has decent snow. Can always use more like everywhere else.

Lolo wasn't bad either on the South side when we rode there. Had to be a bit careful but we were able to travel cross country.

My priorities are messed up this weekend as I passed up going to HooDoo tomorrow and instead I'll be headed to Seeley to plow snow so my mom can get into my aunts/uncles place.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
We are riding Fish ck on Saturday. It's gonna be deep and sunny. You guys are welcome to come along.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
We are riding Fish ck on Saturday. It's gonna be deep and sunny. You guys are welcome to come along. The fish cop from Mineral county is a nice guy. We rode Heart lake last Thursday and the forest circus was doing avalanche testing on the ridge when we came out. I out ran them, but they radioed in and he was waiting for us at the truck. He basically doesn't want to have to enforce the wilderness crap and we didn't get tickets. It sounds like they are in there every Thursday so if you're gonna go o.b then don't go Thursdays.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I wish I could ride Saturday. I am going to be riding on Sunday though.
Might have to go check out Fish Creek.

01-10-2013 07:01 PM
sledfvr

We are riding Fish ck on Saturday. It's gonna be deep and sunny. You guys are welcome to come along. The fish cop from Mineral county is a nice guy. We rode Heart lake last Thursday and the forest circus was doing avalanche testing on the ridge when we came out. I out ran them, but they radioed in and he was waiting for us at the truck. He basically doesn't want to have to enforce the wilderness crap and we didn't get tickets. It sounds like they are in there every Thursday so if you're gonna go o.b then don't go Thursdays.

That's crazy. How did THEY get in there? Were they O.B. or not?

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
I'd like to Scott.

When I'm not sure. Riding West Yellowstone beging of March. I'd love to ride north ID west MT more but it is a haul. Ideally when I get another sled it will permantly stay out there so I can just fly out and ride.

Working on a summer trip with the wife to Spokey and or Troy this year and wouldn't mind a drive down towards HooDoo either.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Oh cool. You have to keep me posted on when you are out here.

Premium Features