• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding khaos reviews

Terry, how is the alpha different than the pro or koas in the trees?
Would you buy another alpha assuming the power was equal?
Riding with good riders in sicamous who moved from Doo 850 175s to the experts and now they wished they stayed 175.
I haven't had a chance to ride either the koas or alpha.
The alpha is awesome. It is more playful and rolls over easier. Basically it is like you are on a ball bearing. The kaos is easy but it is still like all the polaris's. It still has a break over point. My problem is I went from a 165 alpha to a 154. I then put an elevate kit on it which has changed the handling. Some for the good and some for the worse. I don't really want to take any fts pressure off because I don't want anymore ski pressure. I have grumpy shoulders. With snowflap out it flips on a dime. Some of it is not used to it and first ride of the year. A 165 alpha will play on anything the rest will in deep snow. If there is a harder layer it will lay you out before you even know what happened. That is why I say the Polaris is a better all around sled. The kaos was built for people like me. I do everything. Mostly play in trees but still like more playful. Even the doo was more playful than the axys but they have their woes. That is why my buddy's 163 kaos is probably the best all around. Anytime you increase one thing another is going to suffer. Yes I would buy another alpha. Funnest sled out there but suffers on some stuff in certain conditions where my buddy's kaos doesn't really suffer at any of it. Just not as fun.

The alpha is awesome. It is more playful and rolls over easier. Basically it is like you are on a ball bearing. The kaos is easy but it is still like all the polaris's. It still has a break over point. My problem is I went from a 165 alpha to a 154. I then put an elevate kit on it which has changed the handling. Some for the good and some for the worse. I don't really want to take any fts pressure off because I don't want anymore ski pressure. I have grumpy shoulders. With snowflap out it flips on a dime. Some of it is not used to it and first ride of the year. A 165 alpha will play on anything the rest will in deep snow. If there is a harder layer it will lay you out before you even know what happened. That is why I say the Polaris is a better all around sled. The kaos was built for people like me. I do everything. Mostly play in trees but still like more playful. Even the doo was more playful than the axys but they have their woes. That is why my buddy's 163 kaos is probably the best all around. Anytime you increase one thing another is going to suffer. Yes I would buy another alpha. Funnest sled out there but suffers on some stuff in certain conditions where my buddy's kaos doesn't really suffer at any of it. Just not as fun.
My shoulders are also grumpy and at 51 I'm trying to figure out what's the next sled.

Premium Features

Back