• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding khaos reviews

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Really fun. I'd call it a slightly more nimble axys. Not earth shattering difference but definitely there. More like a tweak than a new model IMO.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay, even a bigger question........................Ride reviews on for a stretched Khaos 163??????????????????????????? Please provide some feedback!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Okay, even a bigger question........................Ride reviews on for a stretched Khaos 163??????????????????????????? Please provide some feedback!!!!!!!
HAHA, well, happen to have spent a bit of time on one of those too! Same gig on shocks, really enjoyable riding sled.

Short tunnel long track game is real, that sled will dig itself out of just about anything and just keep chewing, esecially with the khaos shock valving, you can just about bounce the sled and wheelie out of most problem situations. It acts much shorter then it should for a 162. It whips around for hopovers a lot better then one would expect for a 16x length sled. Hangs a sidehill very impressively without washing.

Biggest difference ive noticed on the 162 vs 155 khaos is the shorter one pops up into a wheelie if you ask and will pretty much hold it in most conditions where the 162 will jump the skis up out of the snow and over things, but then also planes out very quickly and builds speed. very fun combo. The ability to still loft the skis is nice for ravine bashing when you want to jump across an obstacle, water, whatever, but also still can tackle big hills and steep terrain with ease. If I didnt love jumping so much it would be my go too sled for every day.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
This is what I was afraid of............................You now are a '"co-conspirator" with the emptying of my wallet on a new stretched Khaos................LOL

HAHA, well, happen to have spent a bit of time on one of those too! Same gig on shocks, really enjoyable riding sled.

Short tunnel long track game is real, that sled will dig itself out of just about anything and just keep chewing, esecially with the khaos shock valving, you can just about bounce the sled and wheelie out of most problem situations. It acts much shorter then it should for a 162. It whips around for hopovers a lot better then one would expect for a 16x length sled. Hangs a sidehill very impressively without washing.

Biggest difference ive noticed on the 162 vs 155 khaos is the shorter one pops up into a wheelie if you ask and will pretty much hold it in most conditions where the 162 will jump the skis up out of the snow and over things, but then also planes out very quickly and builds speed. very fun combo. The ability to still loft the skis is nice for ravine bashing when you want to jump across an obstacle, water, whatever, but also still can tackle big hills and steep terrain with ease. If I didnt love jumping so much it would be my go too sled for every day.

morg99

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 18, 2010
saskatchewan, Canada
for me coming from a 2016 sks 155 to a khaos 155 it was a bigger jump than the pro to the axys if you know how to ride this machine, it is extremely easy to ride, after 5 days in constant powder reset every night i can say i was alot less fatigued the same trip the year before with the sks i was done after the week not with the khaos, the biggest night and day difference is the shock package, carving around 4ft ruts in the mountains is used to be a chore and now its a dream once you tweak the shocks to your liking and understand what they do its nuts, i have my spring turned 5 threads down on the front and ski stance at widest and run the clickers around the middle the rear clickers are stiffened to decrease trench but can still get a catwalk going, the rail profile is the perfect medium floating past those stuck skidoo's all day long baby

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Rode my buddy's 163 Kurt's kaos yesterday. Would love to ride a 155 kaos but have not. That sled is awesome. It is a weapon in the trees. Hands down better than his turboed 16 155 axys. I have a 154 alpha with elevate kit so it doesn't feel that lively to me but the alpha is a handful in the trees. The polaris feels really precise compared to mine. Everyone thought the alpha is more fun but his sled is a better all around sled. Definitely
feels more lively compared to the 850s I rode last year. Would have to ride a 155 kaos to compare apples to apples. I could definitely ride one. Just my thoughts from someone who likes them all.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My buddy's 163 kaos doesn't trench at all. Just climbs up on the snow and goes. Couldn't find anything I didn't like other than the seat is maybe an inch or two too high. My wife has a new expert and I have an alpha and I would say his kaos has the least gripes of all of them.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
I did a 2.7 camo 162 on my Khaos and Boondocker agility kit.
Still messing with suspension and setup, only 4 rides 135 miles mostly all back country, tress, creeks and climbing. Comparing to my 17 rmk 163 with Sibler kit,
It doesn't wheelie as easily. Seems to pull the front end on climbs similar.
Suspension seam stiff (I had Raptors on my other sled)
Does to hop overs and turnouts better for sure and dose seam to dig and not get stuck much better.
Was hoping for a little more playful 163.
I like the way 155's handle and playfulness of them better but I get into some real nasty areas at times and need everything I can get to get out.
Was thinking of letting out the limiter straps some, thoughts? I softened the RTS some but it was to out of hand climbing, increased FTS and that helped some on ease of getting sled over.
Thoughts to help improve playfulness?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I did a 2.7 camo 162 on my Khaos and Boondocker agility kit.
Still messing with suspension and setup, only 4 rides 135 miles mostly all back country, tress, creeks and climbing. Comparing to my 17 rmk 163 with Sibler kit,
It doesn't wheelie as easily. Seems to pull the front end on climbs similar.
Suspension seam stiff (I had Raptors on my other sled)
Does to hop overs and turnouts better for sure and dose seam to dig and not get stuck much better.
Was hoping for a little more playful 163.
I like the way 155's handle and playfulness of them better but I get into some real nasty areas at times and need everything I can get to get out.
Was thinking of letting out the limiter straps some, thoughts? I softened the RTS some but it was to out of hand climbing, increased FTS and that helped some on ease of getting sled over.
Thoughts to help improve playfulness?

Some of the difference could be the silber vs boondocker response time. (Combined with a motor that has had less years of testing to have a squeaky clean tune)

Have you tried leaving the RTS stiff and adjusting the low speed compression dampening?

The x3/ x2.7 does seem to be Slightly less playful than say a 3” powerclaw.

Beyond that i’d say clutching. (Are you running boondocker’s setup?)

Indydan turbo clutching with a loaded #2 hole pops pretty hard.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
I softened both low and high speed dampening but think I need to go more on the low speed I think I'm around 8 clicks from soft.
Running boondockers setup but switched back to the stock secondary spring, it wasn't shifting out with the black/yellow.
I have Indy Dans setup also I will try.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
RTS low speed controls and affects transfer on this suppension a LOT. I know when im riding high elevation(8-10k) i find myself running it fairly loose where when i go lower (3-5k elevation riding zones.) I tighten that low speed up a lot to help control transfer with more power and traction available in thicker snow. This drastically helps control the sled in steeper more techincal terrain where you also have more power and traction.

I did find loosening the RTS Low speed up some for the 162 application helped make that more playful and fun.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Rode my buddy's 163 Kurt's kaos yesterday. Would love to ride a 155 kaos but have not. That sled is awesome. It is a weapon in the trees. Hands down better than his turboed 16 155 axys. I have a 154 alpha with elevate kit so it doesn't feel that lively to me but the alpha is a handful in the trees. The polaris feels really precise compared to mine. Everyone thought the alpha is more fun but his sled is a better all around sled. Definitely
feels more lively compared to the 850s I rode last year. Would have to ride a 155 kaos to compare apples to apples. I could definitely ride one. Just my thoughts from someone who likes them all.
Terry, how is the alpha different than the pro or koas in the trees?
Would you buy another alpha assuming the power was equal?
Riding with good riders in sicamous who moved from Doo 850 175s to the experts and now they wished they stayed 175.
I haven't had a chance to ride either the koas or alpha.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Terry, how is the alpha different than the pro or koas in the trees?
Would you buy another alpha assuming the power was equal?
Riding with good riders in sicamous who moved from Doo 850 175s to the experts and now they wished they stayed 175.
I haven't had a chance to ride either the koas or alpha.
I have a Silber boosted alpha 165 and Silber boosted Khaos 162 epic 280 track. Power wise they are very similar ( both at 5lbs). The alpha track really works good and probably better than any other track IMO. Handling and playing in mild to mod terrain the alpha rolls over with a little less effort. Once you get into to deep, steep, super technical terrain the Khaos really shines. The axys/Khaos is very predictable and the best backcountry weapon out there. I also have 3 friends with Silber doo 850’s. As far as that goes the doo is in third place is extreme tech riding, the chassis is just not designed well in stock form, put a solid 15” track and lock out the tilting rear arm and it’s a lot better.

Premium Features