• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rexburg area riding. New ID reesident

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
I moved to Rexburg for the winter just this week. I am excited to be closer to many great riding areas i have heard about.

I have never ridden Island park or the west yellowstone area. How far are those parking areas from Rexburg? Where do you unload at?

Where do people from here like to ride? i would like to know where the parking areas are at and my buddy and I will take our time and explore.
I would like to find areas an hour or less from home if possible.

I have heard of Clements parking area near Rexburg

I plan on going to Togwotee, Teton pass, and up to some areas in MT when I have 2-3 days off work, these are areas I know but a couple hours from me.

Any and all info is appreciated.

Thank you

I moved to Rexburg for the winter just this week. I am excited to be closer to many great riding areas i have heard about.

I have never ridden Island park or the west yellowstone area. How far are those parking areas from Rexburg? Where do you unload at?

Where do people from here like to ride? i would like to know where the parking areas are at and my buddy and I will take our time and explore.
I would like to find areas an hour or less from home if possible.

I have heard of Clements parking area near Rexburg

I plan on going to Togwotee, Teton pass, and up to some areas in MT when I have 2-3 days off work, these are areas I know but a couple hours from me.

Any and all info is appreciated.

Thank you

What kind of a rider are you?
What sled do you ride?

Something to think about..... Rexburg to Island park is 52 miles, Rexburg to Driggs is 52 miles. Great riding can be found in both areas, but there is about 100x's more sleds in the island park area. No groomed trails over in teton valley, but if your a back country guy thats perfect.

The key to either place is hooking up with some guys that know the riding areas. Island park is easy enough to just go poke around on your own and find some good riding, thats not really the case around teton valley, you need to know where your going.

Togwotee Pass is a great place to go, but like Island Park = lots of sleds. Teton Pass has VERY limited riding, there is one spot to park a pick-up (NO trailers allowed over Teton Pass in the winter) that can only hold maybe 8-10 trucks. most guys that ride there are Skiers/Boarders.

There is some great riding once you get over teton pass. At the bottom of the pass is Wilson, WY. Turn south there and go to Mosquito Creek. Basically you just ride straight west from there. Some of the deepest powder Ive ever ridden has been back in there.

Have fun!

Something to think about..... Rexburg to Island park is 52 miles, Rexburg to Driggs is 52 miles. Great riding can be found in both areas, but there is about 100x's more sleds in the island park area. No groomed trails over in teton valley, but if your a back country guy thats perfect.

The key to either place is hooking up with some guys that know the riding areas. Island park is easy enough to just go poke around on your own and find some good riding, thats not really the case around teton valley, you need to know where your going.

Togwotee Pass is a great place to go, but like Island Park = lots of sleds. Teton Pass has VERY limited riding, there is one spot to park a pick-up (NO trailers allowed over Teton Pass in the winter) that can only hold maybe 8-10 trucks. most guys that ride there are Skiers/Boarders.

There is some great riding once you get over teton pass. At the bottom of the pass is Wilson, WY. Turn south there and go to Mosquito Creek. Basically you just ride straight west from there. Some of the deepest powder Ive ever ridden has been back in there.

Have fun!

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. I am hoping to find some people from the area that will let me ride with them as well so I can safely learn the areas

Island park has plenty of off trail riding and you can just explore it from the basic maps and learn your way around.

Driggs is not at all commercialized, no trails to speak of, but FANTASTIC backcountry riding. Just need a friend to take you in once or twice to get a feel for the place and then your good to go.

When Togwotee is good, its GREAT, but there can be a load of other sledders there as well.

Most every weekend all winter long you will find me either in greater Island Park / West yellowstone or Driggs.

Tog is a weekend trip for me, as is Cooke City.

Island park has plenty of off trail riding and you can just explore it from the basic maps and learn your way around.

Driggs is not at all commercialized, no trails to speak of, but FANTASTIC backcountry riding. Just need a friend to take you in once or twice to get a feel for the place and then your good to go.

When Togwotee is good, its GREAT, but there can be a load of other sledders there as well.

Most every weekend all winter long you will find me either in greater Island Park / West yellowstone or Driggs.

Tog is a weekend trip for me, as is Cooke City.

well thank you. If you ever want someone to ride with I would really like lean the Driggs area. I am often off during the week if you ever are. I will definitely be going up to Island park and exploring when my buddies comes out.

248 941 1569

Jake

well thank you. If you ever want someone to ride with I would really like lean the Driggs area. I am often off during the week if you ever are. I will definitely be going up to Island park and exploring when my buddies comes out.

248 941 1569

Jake

I ride Fridays and Saturdays.

Unless...

There is FRESH DEEP POWDER.
Then I make exceptions:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

248 941 1569

Jake

Clements Parking lot is about 12 miles from Rexburg.

I like to ride there because it is close to the house. It isn't as big in elevation as IP or some of the other places but if you like to get into the trees and bash around some drainages and clear cuts it can be a lot of fun. It has a pretty good trail system but I can ride all day long and only cross it or accasionally hit a short stretch to get to another are to play.

The Green Canyon/Relay ridge are is also close to Rexburg. It is between Rexburg and Driggs. It has a lot of the challenging tree riding in draws and drainages along with some good hillclimbing.

I like to ride with about anyone and enjoy new riding partners as they teach me as much as I can show them sometimes.

I am also pretty familiar with IP, Togwotee and many of the surrounding areas here.

Shoot me a message and we can hook up for some rides.

Charlie
208-390-3674

Moody is a blast to ride after a good storm last year was amazing up there, Bedford wyoming isn't too far away.

I have been looking to ride close to home when the snow starts to stack up. Are you referring to the Green Canyon area or parking at Clemets. Both seem to be able to access the same areas? I have not been able to find the Clemets parking lot. Wondering which one is better to park at.

Looking for riding partners.

I live by Mackay but ride with friends in IP on weekends, I'm looking to ride during the week if you are?

I have been looking to ride close to home when the snow starts to stack up. Are you referring to the Green Canyon area or parking at Clemets. Both seem to be able to access the same areas? I have not been able to find the Clemets parking lot. Wondering which one is better to park at.
From what I remember they usually don't plow all the way to Clements, usually just unload at the substation.
It does access the same area as Green Canyon but it's a ways. Another option is Pine Creek pass and head to garnes from that side.
Lots of area to play up there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

From what I remember they usually don't plow all the way to Clements, usually just unload at the substation.
It does access the same area as Green Canyon but it's a ways. Another option is Pine Creek pass and head to garnes from that side.
Lots of area to play up there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you. Where do i get into the pine creek pass? and am i just parking on the pass? I am still learning the area. I will taking my buddies out there and have a GPS so we will only go as far as we can comfortably. IF you had to pick one of the three areas to park at which one has the most options/ease of access?

I would like to drive around those areas this weekend and see what kind of snow is up there so when it starts to pile up I can head there for a ride

I park at clements just because it's quicker to get to, I live right in rexburg. To get there you hop on pole line road and drive for a while you'll cross a railroad track and keep going till you come to a T in the road with a stop sign and a little sub station take a left go down to the next stop sign take a right and that takes you to the parking lot.

Premium Features

Back