• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reed boots?

T

TheBreeze

Does anyone offer reed boot supports, billet boots, or the like for the cat 800 motor? I know HM does boot support deals for the Polaris, and there are billet boots out there for the poo stuff. I split a boot last year, and the replacement shows slight splitting after only a few hundred miles. I would like to eliminate the issue if possible as opposed to replacing occasionally for maintenance.

Does anyone offer reed boot supports, billet boots, or the like for the cat 800 motor? I know HM does boot support deals for the Polaris, and there are billet boots out there for the poo stuff. I split a boot last year, and the replacement shows slight splitting after only a few hundred miles. I would like to eliminate the issue if possible as opposed to replacing occasionally for maintenance.

My twisted kit eliminates the boots. But That billet piece is also where the secondary injectors are mounted.

Some one on here was talking about using a Boysen rad valve boot and cutting the guts out of it and its supposed to work good.

Obviously the billet style with the injectors would work.

I used the system that OVS puts out. Its design puts a bolt from the airbox to the motor sandwiching the TBs and boots so there is no pull on them. Never had any kind of boot deformity with that system.

Lots of good ideas out there to take the strain off of the rubber boots.

Anyone know how much the billet Twisted boots are? Thinking about moving my injectors out of my charge tube.

What year sled? I have an ovs airbox like tonysnoo mentioned for sale if you want to try your luck at that.

Premium Features

Back