• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear suspension issues

My 05 800 RMK sags almost all the way down. I have tightened the springs and adjusted the shock but the sled will not stay up. While riding, it is always bottomed out which makes for some hard hitting bumps. What do I do>?

Either you have a bad shock or broken springs or both. Remove shock and see if it is freely moving in and out then check springs for cracks or breaks.

I took off the rear shock and inspected the springs and all seemed to work well. I also noticed that when I had my moving dolly under the rear third of the track that the sled always stayed up like it should. I could compress the rear end and even jump on it and it would always come back up. But when the track was flat on the concrete it would sink to the floor and not come back up. There is a shock with a spring around it with a plastic shrowd just near the engine. Could this be the problem?

I would bet that you have some binding going on at one or more pivot points. If there is any old dried up sticky gunky grease and/or corrosion causing any binding in torque arms and/or pivot arms, just adding more grease won't solve the problem. It would need to be taken apart and cleaned if that is an issue.

dont know if it works the same for the rmks as it does for the 121's but as far as my sled a prox2 goes i dropped the front mounting bolts to the skid i think 5/8s of an inch to put the front of the track on the ground. fixes the problem. There is a step by step somewhere on here to do it im sure. Dont do it if you dont like the front of the sled to come up easier

Premium Features

Back