• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear suspension help

Alright fellas I need some feed back on the XP I'm building. It is a 2009 163 Xp, the track is all ported and I am planning on getting a new track (not sure which one yet) but I am wondering if swapping out the stock rear suspension for an aftermarket one is really worth the Dough?

I am have Trygstad Motorsports build me a 872 Big Bore, so the sled should be running 180+hp I believe. With the added horsepower I am wondering which set up would be my best option.

1. Re-valve stock shocks to the 2011-2012 Xp Shock set up?

2. Switch to a "Coupled" type suspension Ez-Ryde, Timbersled type set up.
-Anyone know if this "Snow evacuation" that Ez-Ryde claims is fact or fiction?

3. Switch to a Aftermarket "Uncoupled" set up like Holz Alpha X, or Tom's set up.

I am wanting to make this sled a monster on the hills, in the trees, and just running up the trail, and if the stock suspension can do this for me it would save me over $2000.00. If it won't then I need some feed back on which route you guys think would be best?

Appreciate any feedback. :face-icon-small-ton

The new timbersled goes a long ways on the XP! There's a reason the guys at aerowcharger
Is using them on there sleds! BJ installed one on his XP last year and absolutely loved it. for the first time since he got the sled, he no longer needed to lean over the bars or fight ski lift.

+1 for TS

If you stay with the stock skid, I would stay with the shorter '08-'09 center shock and limiter length.....just upgrade shock valving or a good shock like a Raptor.
The '10+ geometry is even more prone to trenching/ski lift....although it is more nimble.
One skid I've been impressed by is the K-Mod with Raptor shocks...pricey but VERY nice!
Camo Extreme or ?????

Response on track

Winter Brew,

I am in between three tracks:

1. Challenger extreme 2.5

2. Challengers new Peak track 2.5

3. The stock ski doo 2011 track.

I've also considered the new flex edge but dont know enough about them to really consider that.

What's your thoughts on the track situation?

Also I've heard good things on the kmod, but it's a lil much on the price! I would think the T.S. would be just as good and it's way less even with the upgraded shock packages.

Thanks

With Tom's kit you can easily just add air to the rear shock on big days to keep the nose down. That's the beauty of air shocks - you can tune to the conditions. Vote for Tom's here! Check out DooTalk, Tom's has more satisfied customers than the others combined IMHO.

Have FUN!

G

Of those tracks I would go with the Doo track....only because it has the almost full width paddles....splitting hairs with the Camo Extreme.
From what we experienced and have seen/heard from others I would avoid the Peak.

Leaning towards the timberlsled, but I have also been seeing good things about Toms set up. From those who have real world riding experience what have you seen to be Pros/cons? Would you buy it again?

Thanks

with a stock skid...SHR stage 1 valving/scissor mod will cost 200 bucks...get the new flex edge 2.5 track...roughly 750 bucks...done...IMHO...and yes, I can help with them :)-BJ

Premium Features

Back