• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

realistic pricing??

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
what would realistic pricing, % off msrp, to buy a sled at this time of year?
local dealer has about 40 sleds, several snow check back-outs in stock.
they have them all listed at full msrp. would like to have a reasonable target in mind when i go in
thanks

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
In season models with zero rebates, don't expect them to budge a ton. I don't know all the hard details but I'd doubt you'd see a $500 deal. Your more likely to bargain in something like a cover our belt/oil as some extras. More value to you, less cost to them.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I'm in agreement with Wheel House. Based on what I see around MNPLS. This is high season. Now through end of Dec.

The one area that might help you, is on trade in's. You should expect higher trade in values since they have the greatest potential to sell it within the next 2 months (highest demand) , at the highest price. If you did a trade in late Feb, the dealer is thinking about end of season, have to hold it for at least 10 months, cost of inventory, time value of money, etc. and would offer lower trade in value.

Good luck !

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
It is definitely the wrong time of year to get a great deal but most will come down a $1000-$1200 depending on model around here in eastern Washington anyway. Most dealers are forced by the manufacturer to take more sleds than they want and know if they don't move them while they have a chance they will get stuck with them and take a beating all next summer when they are charged flooring fees the whole time.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Just picked up Snow Check that somebody backed out of last week. Dealer did come off MSRP but not as much as I was quoted from another dealer in the spring, however he threw in enough accessories to close a good chunk of the gap and gave me what I considered full private party value for my trade in. The trade in price was what got me to buy, I was money ahead even w/ the PIDD gauge compared to the trade in price I got in the spring.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i understand this is the wrong time of year to buy. i was not going to buy a sled this year, but as winter is approaching, I may have changed my mind.
I have found several dealers that have snowcheck back-outs. unfortunately, most are sticking to msrp :(
i found one that is taking some off, no fees, and 50% off accessories at time of purchase.
I will probably go this route, or wait to next spring

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Let them sit on the snowchecks for awhile why there is no snow. Then your deal will get better. 50% of accessories sounds cool.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
What was the 850 priced at after rebate? And was it stock or what options did it have?
i was told there are no rebates on 2020 850s, just $250 on 2020 800s. bigger rebates on older sleds.
stock all black khaos 155, standard guage

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
You might want to consider waiting for Presidents Day weekend, if it happens to be a lousy snow year you may save a couple grand. I haven't paid more than $9500 for a new sled the last few years. Im going to guess we will see 850's in the $11,000 range if the snow doesn't fall as it should.

Premium Features